Sebastian's SoundScape 8's in pepperwood burl

jsalk

Sebastian's SoundScape 8's in pepperwood burl
« on: 14 Jun 2013, 03:51 pm »
When Sebastian saw (and heard) our SoundScape 8's at Axpona in Chicago, he knew what he wanted.

This is a very nice batch of veneer and we are fast running out of it.  But we did have enough for this pair of SoundScape 8's and a couple of other pairs of speakers we are currently working on. Like my personal pair, these were done in a hand-rubbed, high gloss finish.

Sebastian will arrive within the next hour or so to pick them up and take them home.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Happy listening Sebastian!

- Jim

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 01:03 pm by jsalk »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Sebastian's SoundScape 8's in pepperwood burl
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2013, 04:27 pm »
 :o  Sebastian is one lucky music fan. Congrats & welcome to the Salk family.  Not surprising you would use that veneer for your own Jim, that is exquisite.  :thumb:

martyo

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2013, 04:29 pm »
Exceptionally nice.  :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2013, 06:16 pm »
Wow!! :thumb: that veneer is insane!

Brad

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2013, 06:23 pm »
The 'wrap' transition from sides to front is incredibly well done. :dance: 8)
Looks like it was carved out of one giant block of wood.

My favorite so far from Mr. Salk  :thumb:

Ace Deprave

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2013, 06:59 pm »
I'm normally not a huge burl fan, but damn...those are awesome.

Nuance

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2013, 08:23 pm »
Wow - those are amazing!  Welcome to the family, Sebastian.  You have exquisite taste.

chargedmr2

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2013, 12:13 am »
Wow.  Those are beautiful.  If you stare long enough, it appears that a portrait or two just might be staring back at you...mesmerizing.

I think I see a dark lord up at the top...careful, Sebastian, this could be the one speaker to rule them all!

DRSmith

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2013, 12:28 am »
I think I see a LOTR Ent at the bottom of the speaker…  Very Very nice…   :D

OgOgilby

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2013, 01:04 am »
Those are stunning! Congrats Sebastian  :thumb:

Austin08

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2013, 02:42 am »
Nice!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2013, 06:06 am »
Thanks everyone, and thank you Jim for another AMAZING speaker!! The pictures really don't do this speaker justice, in real life it's as if you can dip you finger into them. I was very excited to go see Jim's operation, I've been looking forward to seeing the shop. Jim was nice enough to give me a walk around tour of his operation. I met Mary and Jim when I arrived around 1:30pm today, we walked around and Jim explained all the steps and even showed me the different equipment he uses. It was very interesting to see the kind of craftsmanship, time, and detail that Jim puts into every Salk speaker. As all of the owners know, each one is unique and hand built! And yes, even in the USA  :D. When I saw my SS8's, I was blown away. Jim had them set-up, and when he fired them up, I knew I had made the right decision. His is a beautiful, world class, unbelievably beautiful speaker. I still have my HT2-TL's, which I'm considering transferring down to my Home Theater room instead of selling. I would then have Jim build me a matching center channel. For all of you out there that have not had the distinct pleasure of owning a pair of Salk speakers, I HIGHLY recommend you give the, a try. I'm a previous Revel and B&W fan that has found himself in the right place now. Amazing quality and sound, at a very reasonable price point. Well, it's late now. I unpacked my new pieces of art, and will be spending a lot if time listening to them in the upcoming months  :thumb:. Jim I want to thank you, Mary, and the team for taking time out to show me around the shop. I enjoyed the tour and getting a better idea of what goes into building a Salk! I couldn't be more pleased with my second set of Salk's!! Keep up the wonderful work and I'm glad you decided to pursue this even with all the negativity others have given you, if you didn't our ears would never have the great pleasure of hearing your amazing sounds! Thank you.

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2013, 06:14 am »
Wow.  Those are beautiful.  If you stare long enough, it appears that a portrait or two just might be staring back at you...mesmerizing.

I think I see a dark lord up at the top...careful, Sebastian, this could be the one speaker to rule them all!

I know what you mean!! My friend noticed the faces before me, it's rather mesmerizing and I think it's very interesting how you took notice of this. They are very unique as it is, and this just adds to it. Thank you!!!  :thumb:

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
« Reply #13 on: 15 Jun 2013, 09:16 pm »
Congrats! They look amazing. I know you will enjoy them for years. Can u send some pics of them in your room? Pete

(W)KRP

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jun 2013, 03:11 pm »
Enjoyed hearing about your visit and seeing the pictures. Let's see these set up in your home.

CMYKjill

« Reply #15 on: 7 Jul 2013, 02:52 pm »
Not only do your speakers deliver exceptional sound, they are visual works of art. These are really beautiful.