Upgrade Options

onefly9

Upgrade Options
« on: 13 Jun 2013, 05:56 pm »
Hi,

I have used a Stratos Stereo before and I'm now using a pair of the plain jane Stratos Monoblocks to great satisfaction! I have to agree with most of the reviews that they are of tremendous value.

The mono I bought, used, are quite old. My guess is they are 2004 or earlier. So I am now itchy to consider the upgrade options available such as the Mono Extreme, glass ceiling or even the Kismet.

However, the problem I am facing is there is no local dealer/distributor in Singapore and shipping both of these beast back to US will cost a bomb. Is there a way to upgrade these amp in Singapore or somewhere nearer?

How much would the upgrade cost from a mono to the extreme? or to the glass ceiling for that matter?

Thank you in advance.

klaus@odyssey

• Facilitator
    • http://www.odysseyaudio.com
Re: Upgrade Options
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2013, 08:24 am »
Hey There....

Contact me directly at  odav@odysseyaudio.com ,  and I'll get you a host of options....Essentially,  the amps are somewhat modular,  meaning that it is very easy to exchange boards,  with pretty much only the RCA post being soldered.   I can send upgraded boards, already set up, tested, and biased for you, ready to just drop them in.  Shouldn't be more than 20 minutes tops for an exchange,  and even if you feel that you don't want to touch electronics,  it'll be easy for any technician to do so.
This way we don't have to send the heavy cases back and forth,  and it will be very economical....

Late,
Klaus