Pass Labs SIT2 - Anyone heard ?

RRB

Pass Labs SIT2 - Anyone heard ?
« on: 4 Jun 2013, 03:30 am »
This is the latest and greatest from the Pass Labs First watt stable. The SIT amps are suppose to be closest to the single ended triode sound without the limitations of the SETs. Srajan has given it a huge thumbs up in his review in the 6moons. Some people have compared it directly to the Kondo amps and have found the SIT to be up there among the best. Has anyone heard it ? I am in the process of buying a power amp and juggling between tube and SS. If it is an SS then the SIT is already giving me sleepless nights without even listening to it. I am looking for user opinions to attest to my confidence on this amp.

roscoeiii

Re: Pass Labs SIT2 - Anyone heard ?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2013, 04:28 am »
If you don't have a dealer nearby, then contact Reno HiFi. Great knowledge of Pass and FirstWatt. And they have an excellent return policy. Try the SIT2 in your own home with your own gear. Doesn't get better than that.

And Mark at Reno is great to work with.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
Re: Pass Labs SIT2 - Anyone heard ?
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2013, 02:06 pm »
One was brought to the local audiophile club meet Memorial weekend (along with a Glow Amp 2), but unfortunately, we ran out of time before either could be auditioned. I did read the manual and this does appear to be about as close an SS version of a SET tube as I've seen.
Whether that's good or bad would depend on what one is trying to accomplish audibly in ones system, via what method.

cheers,

AJ