Sumiko Blue Point Special High Output MC with Improved Cantilever and Diamond

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
I have two Sumiko Blue Point Special high output moving coil, which can be ran into a moving magnet phono stage. The BPS was a significant design advancement in the BP line, and was their mid level cartridge. Sumiko sold a ton of these, as they represented great bang for the buck.

Andy at the Needle Clinic rebuilt this cartridge. A lower mass aluminium cantilever has been installed with a smaller profile diamond. Which is a significant improvement over the stock cartridge in terms of detail retrieval and improved noise floor and tracking. Seriously the stock cantilever looks like a softball bat compared to a pool cue, the new one is that much batter in terms of lower mass. Coils are aligned, suspension adjusted, and cartridge cleaned, so this is a full service rebuild, and you get a better than stock cartridge.

Original $499.99
Now

$275
Cartridge will come in a plain box, with no mounting hardware or stylus guard. Sumiko never provided a guard with these,

If you wish to do Paypal please add 3.5% to cover their fees. Will ship USPS Priority with tracking. For the price you get a very nice cartridge in like new shape, and with known hours.....well whatever you put on it.

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
1 sold 1 still available. Accidently uploaded a pic of the Sumiko Blackbird. Will change when i get a chance.

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
I happen to have another BPS cartridge with stock cantilever on it, Has a coil issue, but you can see the size of the cantilever Sumiko put on it. I placed the retipped cartridge right next to it, so you can see the difference between the two. Andy uses a high quality cantilever and does nice work. You get better detail retrieval, tracking, and lower noise floor.