What are you looking forward to checking out at T.H.E. Show this weekend?

capwkidd

What are you looking forward to checking out at T.H.E. Show this weekend? I am primarily looking at surround sound preamps myself.... And probably speakers as always (I see to be a collector of speakers lol).

SoCalWJS

Most rooms are 2 channel, but there are a few that have Surround Sound Processors. Emotiva should have their's on display as a minimum. Hsu is usually demoing surround, but it's primarily speakers and subs with a Receiver running multi channel. I know there were others last year, but my memory is failing me. Angel City Audio had a multi channel, but I can't remember the Pre/Pro.

capwkidd

Is HSU going to be there this year? I do not remember seeing them on the list.... I thought a great combo would be there basic 5.1 speaker setup with an Anthem receiver.... When I say "basic" I mean their 15" sub. Under $3k and would probably sound great for movies!

SoCalWJS

Is HSU going to be there this year? I do not remember seeing them on the list.... I thought a great combo would be there basic 5.1 speaker setup with an Anthem receiver.... When I say "basic" I mean their 15" sub. Under $3k and would probably sound great for movies!
Huh.....You're right - I don't see Hsu listed this year. He's been there the last two years. Had a 5.1 setup with several of his subs. You could request which one to listen to as he rotated through a couple of demos. Fairly small room. Very loud. Decent sound for the money in my opinion. I listened to their top sub and it handled "the scene" from The Haunting with ease.

I wasn't familiar with the music selections he played, so I can't make any real meaningful comments.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
Nuforce is doing an LCR setup with our speakers.  It's not surround though.  Full-on HT setups are actually fairly rare at these things.  The rooms are small, and the big rooms are very expensive, so the more budget oriented companies don't tend to use them.  We did it last year, but it was kind of a pain and most of the attendees weren't that interested in HT (or at least they didn't visit our room) so we're back to 2-channel.  There WAS a bit of 5.1 at the Audioholics show (Emotiva, Hsu, emptek) in Florida last fall, but that was a small show for a specific crowd.

Cheeseboy

Will anyone be showing any super high rez flatscreens or projectors? 

It's time for me to upgrade.  I'd love to take a look and ask questions.

HSU has always been a great value subwoofer. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
I'm just hoping to get out of my room long enough to see what others are doing.  If anybody hears anything special, please let me know!

GT Audio Works

I'm just hoping to get out of my room long enough to see what others are doing.  If anybody hears anything special, please let me know!
Yeah..that is a problem I also had...you exhibit at these shows and never have time to leave your room !!

SoCalWJS

Will anyone be showing any super high rez flatscreens or projectors

It's time for me to upgrade.  I'd love to take a look and ask questions.

HSU has always been a great value subwoofer.
Yes. JVC had a 4k front projector on display in a "pro" system. They were showing a scene from Harry Potter that I was not overly familiar with. Had real depth, but the color seemed off (too gold/yellow - but not super familiar with that scene  :dunno:)

There were more HT systems on display than I remember last year. One product "Kaleidescape" (server based video) that I plan on looking into further. That room had a $12k 3 chip Wolf projector (they said 1080p upconverted to 4k  :dunno: ) onto a ten foot Stewart screen - looked pretty good.

Still no sign of Hsu though  :(