Lampizator DAC with Windows 8 64-bit - Driver Issues

shawbros3

Anyone out there using the Lampizator DAC successfully with Windows 8 64-bit?  I am unable to install the USB drivers to completion.  I believe the drivers are based off the exD USB driver.

I have a NAD DAC that was problematic with Windows 8, but once I disabled digital signatures and ran the install in compatibility mode as administrator then the drivers installed fine.  I can get to the end of the install before Windows asked me to turn on the unit, but after this there is no handshaking and I get into a loop with Windows never "seeing" the DAC.

Help!
« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 05:03 pm by shawbros3 »

srb

Re: Lampizator DAC with Windows 8 64-bit - Driver Issues
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2013, 07:09 pm »
You can try installing on a different USB port (if you haven't tried already) which sometimes can make a difference.

Steve

shawbros3

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2013, 08:28 pm »
You can try installing on a different USB port (if you haven't tried already) which sometimes can make a difference.

Steve

Thanks Steve, my motherboard has 4 USB 2.0 ports and one USB 3.0 port.  I tried all of them except for one USB 2.0 port which runs my Wifi adapter, and still no luck.  I will try that one last USB port and keep my fingers crossed.

Even though the installation failed to complete, something was installed because I see the exD ASIO driver in the Jriver audio settings but not in the sound panel of Win 8 and that is most crucial :(

shawbros3

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2013, 04:27 pm »
Here's a snapshot of where I'm stuck.  I tried the last USB port, but that didn't work out either.  I removed all prior USB Audio drivers from the computer and retried with no luck.  I am wondering if the USB port on the DAC is faulty?  I'm going to try using a Mac Mini if I can get one to test the USB port on the DAC.  Just wish Windows was driverless like the MAC OS...

Gopher

« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2013, 04:46 pm »
If the USB port on the DAC were faulty, I suspect you wouldn't have gotten a handshake in the first place.   The has gotta be quite fustrating and I wish I had a good answer for you...   Definitely try that macmini asap--or a windows 7 laptop if you have access for testing purposes.

Also, try different USB cables.  I heard of someone not being able to use a nice aftermarket cable in a position where a regular generic was working fine.

shawbros3

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2013, 05:16 pm »
If the USB port on the DAC were faulty, I suspect you wouldn't have gotten a handshake in the first place.   The has gotta be quite fustrating and I wish I had a good answer for you...   Definitely try that macmini asap--or a windows 7 laptop if you have access for testing purposes.

Also, try different USB cables.  I heard of someone not being able to use a nice aftermarket cable in a position where a regular generic was working fine.

That's the plan Gopher!  Sometimes I hate computer audio, but it's just too damn convenient to give up on.  I've tried 2 other USB cables and a generic one with no success.  I edited my original post regarding the handshaking, because I believe there was no communication to begin with.  Which makes me wonder if using a Win 7 laptop will work at all, keeping my fingers crossed...