Congratulations to AKSA designer

Larry

« on: 11 Feb 2003, 01:17 am »
I guess people wandering around this forum would like to know any news about AKSA.

There is a shootout comparison test for speakers under US$1000 at TNT-Audio. AKSA was chosen as the reference amplifier!

You can check it out at Speaker Tests - Methodology page: www.tnt-audio.com/casse/speakertests_e.html .

I believe all AKSA owners and owners-to-be have reasons to :lol: .

Good news, Hugh.

U4EA

« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2003, 02:28 pm »
I hope he hooks some AKsonics up and reviews them.

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2003, 01:07 am »
The site reads like an editorial in a college newspaper.  If I were B&W, Harman Intl., Linn, etc.. I certainly wouldn't take him seriously.... especially if I were referred to that site.  He doesn't even mention which speakers will be in the test or which one's he'd like to obtain.

When he stated he "likes it loud".... and is using the Dynaudio 42's, I got a flash back of my younger years.  What's his test material going to be... Guns 'n Roses?

I think it came up in an earlier thread where someone said TNT isn't usually this juvenile (sounding).  I hope the publicity gained is positive and the reviews are respectable.  I get the feeling his recommendation may just be, "Dude, get a Dell!" or something like that...

U4EA

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2003, 03:19 am »
OH NO!!!!  :nono:  Not the Dude get a Dell dude...that would be really bad for Hugh's business.  

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/02/10/deli.dude.arrest/index.html

Carlman

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2003, 03:53 am »
Hmm. That might explain why the reviewer's site hasn't been updated recently.  ;)

In all honesty, I hope the guy has some useful results.  The site just makes him seem like a 'dude'.

-C