Dodd Audio Reference Preamp

ddemeterio5

« on: 14 Jul 2004, 05:25 am »
I have great news for those people who are waiting for Gary's top of the line preamp.

IT'S FINALLY DONE!!!    :D

Here are some info about the preamp:
It comes with a remote control and a separate chasis for the power supply.  It uses four 6SN7 tubes.  I have 4 metal base Sylvania 6SN7 that have been sitting here for the longest time.

Last but not least I have the Melos preamp here for comparison.

DA GReat experience is happening soon!

ddemeterio5

« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2004, 12:08 am »
Gary has shipped his reference grade preamp and it should get here this week.

The letdown is I will be out of the country 2 weeks from now so evaluation of the new equipment will have to wait till I get back on October.  I'm afraid to leave the unit on when I'm not here so I guess that's another delay of a week or two.  

Doh!  :x

I want to compare this preamp with my Melos pre using 6922 Amperex pinched waist.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2004, 05:14 pm »
looking forward to this, as i have a melos music director w/all upgrades except the most recent toob wolume control.  which melos do ya have?

thanks,

doug s.

Quote from: ddemeterio5
Gary has shipped his reference grade preamp and it should get here this week.

The letdown is I will be out of the country 2 weeks from now so evaluation of the new equipment will have to wait till I get back on October.  I'm afraid to leave the unit on when I'm not here so I guess that's another delay of a week or two.  

Doh!  :x

I want to compare this preamp with my Melos pre using 6922 Amperex pinched waist.

ddemeterio5

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2004, 01:02 am »
I have the Melos MA-333 Plus Series.

mca

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2004, 10:09 pm »
Any update on this preamp?

ddemeterio5

« Reply #5 on: 5 Oct 2004, 07:47 am »
I got back here last Friday still suffering from jet lag.

I began listening to the Melos preamp with the fully upgraded Dodd 8 watt amp last Sunday.  Gary told me that the 8 watt amp is like a brand new amp because he replaced the components inside according to his new design specifications.  I thought that it wouldn't make too much difference in sound quality but I was proven wrong.  That's why I'm having listening sessions all over again with the Melos preamp to get familliar with the new Dodd 8 watt amp.

I am also waiting for the Hal-o tube dampers by Herbie Labs for the 6SN7 tubes in the Dodd Reference preamp.