percentage of parts in Bryston products NOT from China?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Someone on another site, while duscussing a variety of audio products made in Canada came up with this question which i would like to be able to answer..
(Does not matter to me, but i have no idea what to answer.)
SO the question is: what percentage of Bryston products parts are sourced from other countries? Especially China?

Some resistors, transistors, caps, nuts and bolts.. I know it may be tough to say with global sourcing.. but any old ballpark will do.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: percentage of parts in Bryston products NOT from China?
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2013, 11:10 pm »
Someone on another site, while duscussing a variety of audio products made in Canada came up with this question which i would like to be able to answer..
(Does not matter to me, but i have no idea what to answer.)
SO the question is: what percentage of Bryston products parts are sourced from other countries? Especially China?

Some resistors, transistors, caps, nuts and bolts.. I know it may be tough to say with global sourcing.. but any old ballpark will do.

Hi

I would have to check all purchase orders but I do not think we source anything from China.  All our sources for amplifier parts are in Canada or USA as far as I am aware.

james

Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2013, 11:26 pm »
Thanks! Now i can lay that on the scoffer over at A.A.

spinner

« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2013, 11:15 pm »
 Comforting thought.... :bowdown:

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2013, 11:06 am »
Comforting thought.... :bowdown:
Why?
1.7 billion people are quite able to make something of at least equal, if not better quality than 300 million Americans.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2013, 11:40 am »
Why?
1.7 billion people are quite able to make something of at least equal, if not better quality than 300 million Americans.
Yeah...Let China pollute their environment for a change !!   :roll:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2013, 01:06 pm »
  If so, so what. A component is as good as quality control is. So far I see no issues with parts quality from Bryston. No failures, no fires, no problems.
It appears the person at AA has an agenda.
   I can tell you from personal experience that Bryston products are built like a tank. Tested retested and ready for sale.

charles

95Dyna

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2013, 05:33 pm »
Why?

Complete non sequitor.  For somebody who makes a practice of looking down his nose at other people's comments you should measure the inanity of yours before posting.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2013, 06:49 pm »
Got that right...... : :uzi:

bummrush

« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2013, 07:05 pm »
What if a part from China is far superior to any other would Bryston be to blame for using it?

spinner

« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2013, 08:27 pm »
James, what's your take on this. If China makes better parts would you use them?

rmurray

« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2013, 08:30 pm »
  Good question. If China can make a bomb or a space ship why not an amplifier part? :rotflmao:

2bigears

« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2013, 10:57 pm »
 :D  this thread is junk ...... :duh:

werd

« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2013, 10:14 pm »

haha

of course

This thread is "made in China"

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2013, 11:57 pm »

?

But seriously, folks...I think you can probably count on our beloved Brystons having at least a little Chinese DNA. Even if they don't directly source parts, etc. from China, there's a fair to middlin' chance that some of their suppliers do. Pretty hard to avoid at this stage of the globalization game. If this concern about Chinese content is an issue of human or labour rights considerations, etc., fair comment. If it's based in some chauvinistic feeling that we're superior in terms of our industrial prowess and the Chinese are only capable of churning out low-grade product, that's just not accurate.

D.D.   

Elizabeth

« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2013, 12:37 am »
My take on the 'China' issue is we (America) have been in a "Economic War" with China for a few decades now.
We (America) have certainly LOST the first big battles. Market share, Balance of trade, bith victories clearly go to China.
We are not quite dead in the water.. And a few companies are recognizing the problems with made in China for America in general.
So the current battle. round three is continuing..
The other hidden side of the battle we (America) won flat out. Which is getting China to become a consumer society. Yup suckered them totally.
No longer is China equal to North Korea as dismal Hellhole. China is getting to be way more like South Korea. With a huge consumer base.
So THAT side of the secret other war of idiology we won.

Personally it used to be theory that capitalism and communism would end up meeting. Well I think that place is going to be China. Maybe they CAN get the balance right.

But back to the war. We ARE in a trade war with China. Anyone think not is a fool.
So I do not buy crap (best. perfect good or bad) from China. I am not a traitor.
that is MY opinion. Anywhere in the world except China is fine by me. For the reasons given.
For the most ruthless capitalists who think raw capitalism rules, and if China is better they should win.. Good for you, Hope you feel that way when you're starving and homeless.
And this entire thread should be tossed as going to political flame territory

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2013, 01:30 am »
Parts from china are not cheap if bought from suppliers from where i live,if you want the best deal is better to import yourself direct from china,the quality of parts is average but this is byproduct of cost in material and making,china seems to be buying cheap materials to make cheap products and make itself competitive with other low cost countries,china has become the place to be for business that want want low cost labor.

Remember china is a superpower like russia,it can only get better at it :green:

spinner

« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2013, 06:58 am »
  Good point :thumb:

Redefy Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2013, 07:18 am »
i wonder if you check recent trade stats? you are talking about consumer product level, but have u not see bigger picture of it?

im sure bryston have interest on marketing their products to china and establishing decent market position for it.

and who were sourcing the parts/products/commodity from china anyway? wasnt it every business or enterprise for every each country that imported it?

henry