Musical Fidelity.

electricbear

Musical Fidelity.
« on: 13 Jul 2004, 11:02 pm »
I had Dave from Musical Fidelity round past the store yesterday for a couple of hours. He brought with him the KW integrated and the X-150 integrated with matching cd. I don't know if we will pick up the line but it was some good sounding gear. Very musical , very listenable , I hate to admit it but Stereophile may be right for once. I'll keep you posted if we bring any of it in. On a different note, I've just ordered a pair of Avalon Ascendants for myself, estimated delivery date mid August. It was either going to be Avalon, Joseph or Coincident Techs. On the advice from my dear friend Dave Gordon of ARC I've gone for the Avalons. Opinions anyone ? When I get them I'll let you all know what I think and perhaps a GAS meeting at my place. :D

steve k

Musical Fidelity.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2004, 11:58 pm »
So Stereophile does tell the truth sometimes.  :o  That's reassuring. :lol: Yeah, I for one would love to hear those Avalons, Tim. What will you be driving them with? Why don't you drop by my place on the 31st with the rest of the gang? We haven't seen you in awhile.
steve k.

electricbear

the avalons.
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2004, 12:48 am »
I'll be driving the avalons with an arc 150.2 (their new solid state amp), my arc SP6B (only slightly modified honest) and arc CD3mkii. Cables, cd to pre with Audioquest Sky, pre to pwr with AQ Python and pwr to spkr with AQ Caldera. You would never guess that I get AQ cables at silly discounts. Lest I forget the venerable VPI iii on the front end just so you guys don't think I'm a digital snob.
 I'll certainly try to make the new meeting and partake of your generous hospitality once more, I'll know for definate nearer the time. 8)

Grendel4

I say, Ol boy, Avalon's Eh?
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2004, 04:11 pm »
Hey all in san loueeee,

a former colleague of Tim's here. You should really enjoy the avalons - I have heard really good things about them. Can't talk long, kids are screaming. Cheers!

Stephen