Polk PSW 1000 (Modified)...Priced to sell quick

Freo-1

Polk PSW 1000 (Modified)...Priced to sell quick
« on: 14 May 2013, 03:32 pm »
Up for sale is a Polk Audio PSW 1000 (Cherry).  Here is the story:

This was purchased new from a recalled lot for dodgy plate amps.  This unit has a new Dayton Audio SPW 1000 amp, which improves the performance and reliability markedly.  The port was re-done to start at 34 Hz vs. 40. The unit only has about 20 hours on it.  I was going to use it for a stereo sub setup,  but alas, my eyes were bigger than my room.  :lol:   I just don't have the floor space to make it work.
So, for 300.00, you get essentially a new subwoofer with a much better plate amp, and lower overall frequency response.  The sub sounds excellent, and works well for music and movies.  The modified amp provides a nice rendition of the lower octave, and does not sound like many subs that are of the "one note" variety.  There is one mar on the side that has been touched up,  but is not all that noticeable from normal viewing distances.   The price reflects the mar.  Check out the price of the plate amp at parts express, and you will see that the amp alone costs 400.00

Strongly prefer local pick up.  Shipping will be at buyer's expense, and could be up to 100.00 to ship to the west coast.  Feel free to PM for questions or pictures.

http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php/spa1000-1000w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier.html

Freo-1

Re: Polk PSW 1000 (Modified)...Priced to sell quick
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2013, 11:48 pm »

Here is a picture of the unit.  You can see the mar on the right side about half way down.  Outside of that, it's as new, and better than a stock version.

Freo-1

Re: Polk PSW 1000 (Modified)...Priced to sell quick (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2013, 03:49 pm »
Item has sold!