SOLD Totem Acoustic Arro Floor Standing Speakers SOLD

lonetoe

This wonderful speaker has received many accolades from both professional reviewers and within audiophile circles. Very small form factor but very big and balanced sound.  My price is $745, OBO. New retail is around $1650.

I've had these in a second system in my bedroom. They have never been pushed and have seen very light use.

A 7/10 rating (on the Audiogon scale) is accurate in my estimation, but they are in very good shape. There are two little dings (pin-head sized) one on the top center of the first speaker the other in the left hand top corner of the second speker. Both are pictured. They are very hard to notice unless you are looking for them, and you still have to be about 8" away to see them. There is also a scuff mark on one of the speakers that is hard to see generally, and even harder to capture in a photo, although I did my best. Basically these speakers are not pristine, but have been very well cared-for. I think only a super picky audiophile (we're all somewhat picky aren't we?) would be concerned by the cosmetics.

The speakers are mass loaded per the manufacturer's recommendation (I used washed river stones instead of lead shot), which means they are heavier than the factory specs. It also means that the speakers sound better, especially in the bass. But it also means that shipping will be somewhat expensive: each speaker (without packing material) weighs 30 pounds. Still to put this in perspective, insured shipping in the lower 48 states will probably be $60-$90, so not too bad.

I will ship them, but would prefer a local sale in the Washington, DC area. I am in Kensington, MD.

Paypal preferred (standard fees apply) or cash is fine for local pickup. A check is fine too, but I will wait for the money to totally clear (could be as long as 10 days) before shipping.

Thanks for looking and please ask any questions.

« Last Edit: 14 May 2013, 12:12 am by lonetoe »

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Re: FS: Totem Acoustic Arro Floor Standing Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2013, 02:09 am »
Forgive me for remarking how good these speakers are.  I also live in the DC area & also have a pair of these (which I paid $1300 demo from $1600 retail), and the matching center (one of the best I've heard), and even some Totem rainmakers (bookshelf that are similar but with different tweeters). They are so much better than you can expect for the size.  Super wide soundstage, fantastic imaging, great mid-range, very fast / tight, and surprisingly good bass for the size (mass loading in the bottom chamber w/ 25 lbs each side of lead shot).  They also look great & take up little space - good WAF.  The only limitation of course do to size is that they can't play at stadium rock loudness without compression, and best not to pair with overly bright / crumby equipment or source material.

Whoever takes these will get a great speaker at a good price!

lonetoe

Re: FS: Totem Acoustic Arro Floor Standing Speakers
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2013, 02:32 am »
Thanks jarcher, and well said -- these are really great speakers. I am sad to part with them but I just bought a too expensive amplifier and I need the $$.