Gas Meet Friday Night at Mark Blackmore's

steve k

« on: 10 Jul 2004, 09:16 pm »
A small group of us were graciously hosted by Mark Blackmore at his Wright City digs last night.  Thanks Mark for the great pizza and Etta James kicking out the jams on your Innersound Eros! Oh, and thanks for the entertaining, if a bit morbid stories! :o The Apogees sounded sweet too as did Scott's Audio Note DAC which had us all mesmerized.

Highlight of the night were Mark's DIY "Homage to Doc Bottlehead" Speakers. I'll have the pics up later--you'll see what I mean. :lol:

Looks like the next get together will be at my place. We'll throw some things on the bar-be and spin some toons. Maybe compare the Maggies and the Apogees. I'll check with the commander-in-chief and get some dates out soon. Are weekends best for all?

steve k

Blackmore

Friday Night GAS
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2004, 11:52 pm »
Thanks for coming out to Wright City guys.  Scott, you left your power cord.  I'll box it up and send it to you.  

I really enjoyed the Tomasz Stanko and the Archie Shepp CDs.  It was fun getting to hear the AudioNote DAC and my c-j side by side.  I liked them both and Sturgus sort of nailed the differences between the two.   I also appreciated the Dezorel powerline conditioner.  I'll have to look into something along those lines.  Who was the manufacturer in Defiance?

One question; how did we listen the entire night without playing at least one record?????  I think I have something like 2200 to choose from.....

Steve, weekends are good for me but Sundays are out until August.  Let me know and I'll be there with my Apogees repaired.  I found out about the grill and will get new woofers in them soon.

Scott F.

Re: Friday Night GAS
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2004, 02:14 am »
Quote from: Blackmore
Thanks for coming out to Wright City guys.  Scott, you left your power cord.  I'll box it up and send it to you.

Dude !  

Thats my hyper-expensive, ultra resolution voltage enhancer. Protect that thing with your life! It cost me like $18 ... i .. I mean $180 ... no .... $1800. It has powers way beyond those of mere mortal power cords. It has the abilty to expand the soundstage beyond the sides of your speakers...no.....room....no.... HOUSE! The bass that this ultra cord produces once made  the pictures on my wall rattle....no.....cracked my foundation...no....caused a BLACKOUT! ...... Yeah, thats the ticket.

Seriously, just hang onto it. When we get together over at Steves, you can bring it then. I've literally got 2 or 3 more here at the house. Go ahead and play with it. It's about 90% as good as the commercial versions out there. All that for a measly $18. Plus it looks cool and that's all that really counts. Just like your HD speaker cables :D

How did we go all night without listening to some vinyl :o

Thanks for playing host. Your Innersounds were very cool.
I've got six pack that says Steve buys your Apogee's  :lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2004, 02:17 am »
Oh.....The Eagles SUCK :!:

[that was an inside joke for you Eagles fans]

steve k

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2004, 01:01 pm »
Pics are up, guys.

Scott, don't waste the beer. You know I'm a sucker for planars in ribbons!
 :D

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=341

steve k