Did the mid panel 'upgrade'

tmd

« on: 10 Feb 2003, 11:00 am »
I just did the upgrade to remove the rivets and put in nuts and bolts on one of my 626Neo panels last night. It makes a significant difference. Even I can hear it clearly. I did a quick a/b this morning and Norah Jones hits me right between the eyes with the upgraded panel while she is sitting in the corner lazily on the still riveted panel. So, for anyone who hasn't done so, I suggest you change your mids from riveted to riveting :lol:
Now to find some time to do the other one.
Neil.

nathanm

« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2003, 03:17 pm »
I wouldn't mind if Norah Jones was sitting lazily in MY corner...  That'd be even better than getting punched in the eye I'd warrant.

TheeeChosenOne

Re: Did the mid panel 'upgrade'
« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2003, 10:48 pm »
Quote from: tmd
I just did the upgrade to remove the rivets and put in nuts and bolts on one of my 626Neo panels last night. It makes a significant difference. Even I can hear it clearly. I did a quick a/b this morning and Norah Jones hits me right between the eyes with the upgraded panel while she is sitting in the corner lazily on the still riveted panel. So, for anyone who hasn't done so, I suggest you change your mids from riveted to riveting :lol:
Now to find some time to do the other one.
Neil.

When did you get your speakers?  After May 2002 when supposedly the bad batch of ribbons were installed?  Mine were made after May.

I don't have mid-screws in the panels and my ribbons sound metallic for sure.

Please advise what I should do.  Thanks!

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
panels
« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2003, 10:57 pm »
See instructions on the General board of Harmonic Discord.

Xi-Trum

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2003, 01:19 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
I wouldn't mind if Norah Jones was sitting lazily in MY corner...  That'd be even better than getting punched in the eye I'd warrant.

Nathan, some people like to hit... others like to GET hit.   :lol: