Buble power supply question

slappomatt

« on: 10 Jul 2004, 07:19 pm »
I have the bugle and power supple all finished this morning. but it works. but there is alot of distortion coming from one channel and its not as loud as the other cleaner channel. i have a question regarding hooking the psu to the buggle. does the -15 goto the + or - on the b2. since the other connection is ground i hooked the -15 to the - on the b2 is that wrong?
Thanks for any help.

hagtech

« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2004, 01:54 am »
Slappomat,

You got it right.  I like to always check the actual voltages getting to the opamps (pins 4 & 8).  Relative to ground (housing of any RCA jack), one should be +V, the other -V.  

Since one channel is good, I can assume you have power correct.  Also, there is no smoke.  Try swapping left/right cables to see if the problem really is on the Bugle.  Double check all R and C values.

jh :)

slappomatt

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2004, 06:43 pm »
i checked the voltages at the power supply outputs and the +15 side came up as 14.95 and the -15 side came out to 0. the only way i could get a reading is if i went from the +15 to the -15 and then i got 14.95 again.

hagtech

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2004, 06:23 am »
Ok, sounds like the minus supply is backwards (shorted to ground).

jh :|

slappomatt

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2004, 02:59 am »
ok. swapped the negative psu leads and its all better. thanks. not its time for some listening!