DVD burner

mca

DVD burner
« on: 10 Jul 2004, 06:57 pm »
I just got a new computer with a DVD burner and I'm trying to figure out if I can burn MP3 or WAV files to a DVD. I thought I remember seeing a post on this before, but can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Marbles

DVD burner
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2004, 06:59 pm »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
DVD burner
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2004, 07:46 pm »
Yeah, it's pulling teeth to "trick" a DVD into taking wav.files- you have to transcode them into something else.  I've so far been delighted with Eximius' DVD+Audio software ($50 Euros or so, but well worth it).  You could also use Nero or BeSweet to transcode your music to 48 khz, the native rate that DVD uses.

I haven't tried MP3 on DVD.  It can easily be done, but I'm not sure if the resulting disc is a computer disc that must be played back on a computer or whether a DVD deck will play them.

mca

DVD burner
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2004, 07:47 pm »
That's it, now if I can just get it all figured out  :D

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
DVD burner
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2004, 07:54 pm »
Oh, one other biggie; a DVD will need to have video encoded along with the audio to make it play back on a regular DVD player.  I know that sounds goofy, but I've not found any way around that.  You can encoded just black or a low rez picture, you just need some video to make the the DVD format "happy."