SOLD: Clearaudio Concept w/Riggle VTAF, Ortofon 2M Black -- $1500.00

jrebman

*** SOLD ***

Putting out feelers here first before listing on agon as I will need a week or so to get everything together, packed and shipped.  I have a new, unused Clearaudio Concept TT that has a Pete Riggle custom VTAF installed on it (by Pete himself) and which he only played for testing purposes.  I've not been able to get local help to get the cart aligned and I also haven't finished building my phono stage, so the table has ssat on the rack, undisturbed for months.  I just upgraded tables so will need to sell this one.  I have all original accessories, box, manual, both spike and rubber feet, a Mint Tractor, and optionally, a set of 3 mapleshade threaded heavyfeet and a freshly rebuilt SAE 1000e from Sound-Smith with the level 2 rebuild (ruby cantilever and contact line stylus).  The cart hasn't even been opened yet and is also in it's original box.

Anyway, I'm thinking $1500 all inclusive including air shipment in lower 48, fully insured -- this price would include the SAE cart, but not the mapleshade footers (another $100 for the footers.)

If anybody's interested let me know soon or I'll post it on audiogon where it probably won't last long.

Want to give an AC member a break first.

Thanks,

Jim

« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2013, 12:48 am by jrebman »

jrebman

Re: IC: Clearaudio Concept w/Riggle VTAF and more...
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2013, 07:49 pm »
Ok, ready to move on this -- will be ready to ship by the weekend and will have pics by then as well.  Here's what being offered now:

One owner Clearaudio Concept TT in excellent condition and very little use.

Both sets of standard footers -- spikes and rubber.

Custom modified by Pete Riggle with his VTA on the fly mechanism.

Mounted and aligned Ortofon 2M Black cartridge -- also setup and adjusted by Pete Riggle.  Low hours (10-20)

All original accessories and original shipping box.

All of the above for $1850, which will also include free economy air shipping in conus (domestic sales only).

I will be dusting off the table, taking pics, and packing it up before Saturday, and will immediately post it on audiogon if nobody here shows any interest by then.

Thanks for looking,

Jim

jrebman

Ok, all cleand up, photographed and packed.  Last call here before posting on agon.  My friend found a small scratch on the top of the platter -- cosmetic only. edges of platter, plinth, arm and everything else in perfect condition.  Two sets of clearaaudio footers -- spikes and rubber; clearaudio tracking force gauge, belt, lube, manual, original box (double boxed), wrench, extra set of headshell screws, Mint Tractor custom for this arm/table combination, power supply and all adaptors, Pete Riggle custom VTAF, and mounted and aligned Ortofon 2M black with brass mounting screws -- 10-20 hours time, and all setup and ready to go.

$1850 shipped in lower 48.  Domestic sales only.  Add 3% for paypal or use gift option.

Thanks,

Jim

Berndt

Fwiw,  Jim is an awesome tt seller and shipper.
Buy with confidence.

jrebman

Thanks much, Bill!

This one is well packed and ready to go.  Basically all the new ownerwill have to do is levelit and set VTF and maybe tweak the VTA with the riggle mechanism for their records or if they wantto use anafter-market mat.

-- Jim

richidoo

I have a Concept TT, it is a terrific TT, sounds great. Not so easy to adjust the VTA on the stock arm though. This will make it easy to fine tune to perfection.

I bought a tube preamp from Jim a few years ago and was very happy with the deal.  Jim is one of AC's best sellers.

watercourse

+1 for Jim being a great seller and solid all-around individual!

jrebman

Wow, thanks a ton guys!  I'm humbled.

BTW, still not posted on agon as I have to figure out how to get the pics off my phone first -- not a big deal, just have to set it up, but things keep getting in the way.

Also, the 2m black has a shibata stylus which can be sensitive to VTA, so if you have albums of different thicknesses, the VTAF is great for this cart.  This is no slouch of a cart either, but still needs another 30-40 hours of break-in.

-- Jim

jrebman

Now on audiogon with pics...

-- Jim

jrebman

Price lowered to $1650.  All other terms remain the same.

-- Jim

jrebman

This is as low as I can go on this setup -- $1500 all inclusive (except paypal feee.)  It's all packed up, double boxed and ready to go.

-- Jim