Record collection available

mitch stl

Record collection available
« on: 24 Apr 2013, 12:44 am »
I've been asked by a friend to dispose of a record collection with just over 700 albums. It is a mix of mostly classical and popular music, primarily from the 1950's & 60s and back to the early 1900s. There is a mix of LPs and 78s and even a few transcription discs.

The collection was in the summer home in Door County, WI of a former radio executive who died several years ago. I know the fellow who bought the place. I did a detailed inventory for him and have it available in a spreadsheet format for anyone interested. It's certainly not your everyday classic rock collection that your typical audiophile lusts after, but there are some fascinating recordings present.

They are looking to sell it but I've warned them that they are probably not going to find a big stampede of bidders. They would bring the collection to St. Louis and we could arrange pickup or delivery from there. There is no interest in boxing and shipping.

I've got feelers out to a couple of parties so it'll be sold on a first come basis.  I can be contacted through this forum's messaging system.