Get Juiced! Roadshow - BlueBerry and Peach

JuicyMusic

• http://www.juicymusicaudio.com
« Reply #20 on: 9 Aug 2004, 08:53 pm »
Whoops - I forgot to mention a new benefit of the tour. Should anyone decide to purchase a unit, I will, in addition to the $200 discount, also deduct your cost of shipping to the next person. Small tweak to the program!
Thanks,
JM

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 10 Aug 2004, 05:44 am »
Quote from: JuicyMusic
Whoops - I forgot to mention a new benefit of the tour. Should anyone decide to purchase a unit, I will, in addition to the $200 discount, also deduct your cost of shipping to the next person. Small tweak to the program!
Thanks,
JM
Thats a nice offer....THANKS !! :)

lonewolfny42

« Reply #22 on: 9 Sep 2004, 02:44 am »
Hey Mark,
    Is the Blueberry tour ready to roll yet ? Just wondering, thanks !! :) [/list:u]

Gordy

« Reply #23 on: 9 Sep 2004, 03:00 am »
The Salmon and Mango salsa wasn't enough for you?   :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #24 on: 9 Sep 2004, 03:14 am »
Quote from: Gordy
The Salmon and Mango salsa wasn't enough for you?   :lol:
Let's get it right...Mango and Peach salsa....mmmmmm!!! :lol:

JuicyMusic

« Reply #25 on: 9 Sep 2004, 06:10 pm »
Well, I just received the new BlueBerry boards yesterday. So, we are not far off now - maybe 2 weeks. Thanks for your patience!
JM

westcoast

« Reply #26 on: 17 Sep 2004, 12:33 am »
So, who's had a chance to listen to the Peach?  Oklahoma?  Wisconsin?  How about some initial thoughts and impressions?

byteme

« Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2004, 02:35 am »
Quote from: westcoast
So, who's had a chance to listen to the Peach?  Oklahoma?  Wisconsin?  How about some initial thoughts and impressions?

As requested!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=13198.msg113120#113120

JuicyMusic

« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2004, 01:39 pm »
Thanks Byteme! I've been doing some gentle 'armtwisting" to get our other Roadshow participants to post their remarks-----hopefully soon.
JM

westcoast

« Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2004, 02:35 pm »
Hey, Byteme, thanks for the great review!  :D  I'll be comparing the Peach with my IRD Purist, which I see you've had in your system.  Maybe I can offer some worthwhile impressions.  Looking forward to reading other reviews as the Peach makes its way around the country.  :wink:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #30 on: 5 Oct 2004, 07:43 am »
Quote from: JuicyMusic
Well, I just received the new BlueBerry boards yesterday. So, we are not far off now - maybe 2 weeks. Thanks for your patience!
JM
Is the Blackberry preamp now out on tour....I've not read anything on it yet ? Thanks !! :)

JuicyMusic

« Reply #31 on: 11 Oct 2004, 06:07 pm »
I've been hesitant to reply until I saw the outcome of the last few Peach Roadshow visits. At this point we're not going forward with the Roadshows until we find a better way to get more out of it. It's been very hard to get people to provide useful public feedback - which is our goal for the whole thing in the first place.

The good news was that the Peach made seven stops and worked perfectly through all the transhipping and tube installing and tube rolling and what not. We have just fetched it back from the last stop.

We have all new BlueBerries and Peaches, and the cases to ship them, but until we discover some means of deriving a good quid pro quo from the Roadshow process we will probably not fire up another round. I think it's a good idea, I just need to find a way to improve the outcome. I more or less got tired of pestering people to complete their comments.

If you (or anyone else) has any good ideas along this line, we're very willing to have the units out there.
Best Regards,
Mark Deneen
JuicyMusic

lonewolfny42

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2004, 09:07 pm »
Hello Mark,
    I'm sorry to read the news about ending the home audition tour of your preamps...but I agree with you. The members here should of posted their results, good or bad!!! I've read only two...(byteme and srclose...thanks !!) This would help all interested in finding out about new equipement, and would help you in finding out how it performs in other systems. By failing to respond with a review...the bargain was broken. I first asked for the tour, and hoped it would help others here that were searching for a preamp. Now, myself and others on the list , will not be able to participate thanks to the five that failed. >>>For those five I have a post in the Fight Club for you to read!<<<[/list:u]
      Mark, I hope you may reconsider a restart at a later date. I was looking forward to hearing the BlueBerry preamp. But , in the end, its up to you. Thanks !![/list:u]
        Chris :) [/list:u]

westcoast

« Reply #33 on: 11 Oct 2004, 10:00 pm »
I'm with lonewolf on this one.  I am down toward the end of the Peach roadshow list.  Frankly I'm pissed at this turn of events which is the result of LAZY SLACKERS!!   :nono:   Come on, how much effort is involved in typing up a two or three paragraph review, if that's all you can muster.  UNBELIEVABLE.  

One thing to you, Mark.  You should have stated at the outset that the roadshow would be arbitrarily discontinued if you didn't have 100% or near 100% review feedback on this site from the participants.  If there are any future roadshows for you with this rule, please make it  clear.

JuicyMusic

« Reply #34 on: 11 Oct 2004, 10:49 pm »
I'm not so harsh about it. I think everyone has (had) good intentions but my take is that life is busy at the wrong time for people. The inevitable weddings, funerals, overtime, mothers-in-law visits and whatever. And I should point out that everyone was very respectful of the gear, the time they had with it, and moving it on to the next person. I appreciate that. Other than a couple people who dissappeared, those in the program answered emails and so forth. I think once it's "out the door" getting down to the keyboard seems, well, difficult.

And, don't consider the thing "over." I simply need to find a way to get a wee bit more of what we need out of it - which is public comment, mini-reviews, critique and whatever. We have units, we bought the dang shipping cases, and we have no problem with sending them out.

And finally, no, I didn't expect 100% would follow up, but I think 28% is not worth our time and effort keeping it organized and moving. Who knows, maybe someone here has an idea how to make it better.
Regards,
Mark Deneen
JuicyMusic

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #35 on: 11 Oct 2004, 11:41 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Hello Mark,
    I'm sorry to read the news about ending the home audition .....

Your post in Fight Club made me feel really guilty :oops:
Then I realized that I hadn't signed up for the audition.

But, seriously, the opportunity to audition gear this way seems ideal, and it's sad that things turned out the way they did. I'd probably be just as disappointed if I were in your shoes.

Gordy

« Reply #36 on: 12 Oct 2004, 01:23 am »
Being one of the guilty five, I guess I'll be making my first  to visit the fight club :oops: .  Though I sent my impressions to Mark privately, I never did work up the gumption to post my thoughts here.  Being the classic insecure ego manic that I am and living in total audio isolation, I tend to hold myself up to the very high standards of the others here who can articulate what they hear and feel so well.  Foolish, perhaps, but that's me.

I'm very sorry I let you down, Mark. As I said privately, I really enjoyed my time with the Peach.  It beat out my Philly pre in virtually every way that matters to me.  Soundstaging was especially impressive as I'm not used to instuments at times wrapping out beyond my speakers.  Both pre's are dead quite to my ears, but the Peach seemed to be more resolving, micro dynamic(?). Due to the substantial ps, I'm guessing. This was my first experience with the new EI gold pin tubes too!  A much better balance than the ones I had heard in the past (not 6dj8's though), which were rather shrill to me.  I only had two 6dj8's so my tube rolling was limited, found my nos Mitsushita's (Mullard tooling) only a tad sweeter.

I absolutely loved that fantastic vol. control "system".  Setting the main pot to about 3:00 and adjusting the r+l gains to above any normal listening allows for very fine vol. control and full use of the pot.  With my pre I can only use up to about 10:00, with vol. coming on strong at 8:30!

Oh, and it looks great in person, I had been a little concerned about the color scheme, judging from pics, but it is far more subdued that I thought and looked right at home with my maple rack and diy replacement faceplates :D

Too little too late, my bad :(

nathanm

« Reply #37 on: 12 Oct 2004, 06:20 am »
I'd make just two small suggestions regarding the website:  I know how strong the desire is to maintain the typography you want on the web, but the fact is that the type set in an image doesn't allow the user to adjust the size and consequently much of the product information is very difficult to read.

Also, a shot of the rear would be nice.  I could not tell how many outputs are available on either preamp.  The names of the controls on the faceplate are also rather mysterious.

Mad DOg

« Reply #38 on: 12 Oct 2004, 07:00 am »
Gordy,

better late than never!  :thumb:

thanks for comin' out of the closet!  :wink:

and most importantly, nice review!  :beer:

JuicyMusic

« Reply #39 on: 12 Oct 2004, 07:37 am »
Gordy---Thanks mucho for taking the time here to comment - now, I hope you don't feel you've been "beat up!" I'm pleased that you enjoyed the Peach - if even for the short visit to your system. And again, I appreciate that you and others took good care of it too!

Nathan--I agree on the web site comments. I have a huge hi-res monitor and I did not carefully consider smaller monitors or people with less acute vision. I've had a few other similar comments and will try to get to fixing it soon. And the One-Man-Band played on.....you know. We've got the two preamps in production and are working feverishly to complete the "Cherry" power amplifiers and well...need more hours in the day.

Oh, the "Mysterious Front Panel Designations" - - yeah, that's a good one, and admittedly perhaps unusual. For example, I don't label the input selector as "CD, TUNER, TAPE, PHONO, ETC" but rather "P1, P2, A1, A2, A3, A4" where the P's are Phono and the A's are AUXs. This, so that I can use those nifty colored circles and keep it clean and geometric. In the flesh, it's more intuitive. "SB" is StandBy, "PY" is PLAY and so on.

And, the BlueBerry has 2 phono & 4 AUX inputs with 1 TAPE and 1 MAIN output. The Peach has the same sans phono.

Thanks to all for your continued interest, and to Lonewolf for "moving some furniture around."
Mark Deneen
JuicyMusic