anyone seen Butterfly Effect

beat

« on: 9 Jul 2004, 06:29 am »
We just rented it,
I think it is the first I've rented in 6.1. We thought it was awesome. I found a version that has the directors cut on one side and the theatre version on the other...watched most of it in the directors version (until the disc started to crap out) then finished the last 10 minutes in the theatre version which come to find out has a lighter ending. Great story and great sound.

Digi-G

Just watched it...
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2004, 03:26 pm »
Just watched it this weekend.  Really liked it.  Ashton Kutcher isn't one of my favs, but he was pretty believable in this role.  Thanks for the heads up on the dual endings.  We watched the directors cut also but checked out the ending of the theatrical version.  Coincidently, our rented disc nearly crapped out towards the end of the directors cut - quality control issue possibly?  

Recommended.  Good story-line.   If you liked Sixth Sense you would enjoy this.

ohenry

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2004, 03:52 pm »
I saw it a few days ago and thought it was just okay.  Kutcher was better than I had anticipated.  I had trouble reconciling the silly, unbelievable "internal time machine" the main character possessed.  Also, I found the dreadful alternate life scenarios to be beyond reason as well.

I guess it was just too hokey for my taste.  I think I'm too old for that flick.  :wink:

Ears

Re: Just watched it...
« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2004, 12:22 pm »
Quote from: Digi-G
Just watched it this weekend.  Really liked it.  Ashton Kutcher isn't one of my favs, but he was pretty believable in this role.  Thanks for the heads up on the dual endings.  We watched the directors cut also but checked out the ending of the theatrical version.  Coincidently, our rented disc nearly crapped out towards the end of the directors cut - quality control issue possibly?  

Recommended.  Good story-line.   If you liked Sixth Sense you would enjoy this.

I thought there was 3-4 alternate endings and not just two.
Anyone know?

WerTicus

« Reply #4 on: 2 Aug 2004, 01:09 pm »
i thought that movie was coolies

just saw the riddick chronicles too that was the win :)

Ears

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2004, 04:35 pm »
Use this movie to test your power reserves on your H/T set up.

Whenever Kutcher spazzes out...I mean goes back in time.....holy dynamic peaks batman  :o  

I am not sure there is another movie that has that big of a dynamic swing in it.

Rysa4

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2004, 07:38 pm »
That was one freaky movie. On the director's cut side; pausing and restarting the movie lead through "the butterfly effect" just like the movie. Totally freaky!

skeeler

« Reply #7 on: 1 Sep 2004, 04:50 pm »
First movie I have seen in awile that actually takes thought to grasp it. Cool movie!!!

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 1 Sep 2004, 10:09 pm »
I thought it was a good flick after watching the director's cut.  I prefer the cinema version after watching the director's cut a little better.   Because of man's reasoning, and going against fate.  Also a man cannot have everything and eat is cake.  The audio mixing was something to be improved upon though.  The time shifting was way to loud for level the dialogue was mixed.

Dean

« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2004, 03:16 am »
yeah was a good movie.. might watch it again now  :D