LS9, Zins & Steve

soundofrockets

LS9, Zins & Steve
« on: 15 Apr 2013, 12:16 am »
Last night we had impromptu gathering at my house.  It involved BBQ, variety of Zins, Line Source, Classic Jazz and of course Steve (cheese boy).  We had lots of fun.  Some new ideas were floated but overall it made me love the line source once again.  Everything really sounded great.  the piano, strings, air instruments.  Pure bliss.  Thanks Danny for the wonderful product. 

Cheeseboy

Re: LS9, Zins & Steve
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:15 am »
Yup, that was a very nice evening.  You have the best room in Solano County.  We listened to everything from Patricia Barber , fat fingered piano to Indian Suffi Jazz.  Huh?  When the kids crashed the room even the family videos sound like a hollywood production on the LS9's. 

Line source, Shobna's chicken, springtime, 93' BV Reserve Zin,  wall walking kids and Dorito wars. 

After the zin and BBQ everything was Smooved out.  I am refreshed. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2013, 05:37 am »
Wall walking is the daily routine.  Doritos fight is an instant classic.  And the chicken had some extra zing.  I am glad that u had good times.  Will c u soon again!

Cheeseboy

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:03 pm »
We should do the crossover upgrade and buy the stuff we need from Danny before he breaks something else. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:13 pm »
i think we will have to take pictures of the cross overs so that Danny knows exactly what we have and what we have to upgrade.  Not sure what cross over parts were used by MLS. 

ufokillerz

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:20 pm »
Danny was able to sell me a LS6 upgrade kit, he just asked where they came from and automatically knew what i needed. Easiest upgrade i've done to speakers too!

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:26 pm »
We should do the crossover upgrade and buy the stuff we need from Danny before he breaks something else.

That might be a bad idea.

My buddy Greg Hogue has recently told me that I need to get my physical passed so I will be cleared to apply for my license. This is so I can be legal under NHRA rules to make some passes in his new car.

Check out the logo's on the side:

He made his first pass in a real drag car in mine, and he has always said that he owes me for that.

Maybe I should tell him no....

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:28 pm »
i think we will have to take pictures of the cross overs so that Danny knows exactly what we have and what we have to upgrade.  Not sure what cross over parts were used by MLS.

Don't worry I have you covered.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:37 pm »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one, Steve! :thumb:

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2013, 07:46 pm »
That might be a bad idea.

My buddy Greg Hogue has recently told me that I need to get my physical passed so I will be cleared to apply for my license. This is so I can be legal under NHRA rules to make some passes in his new car.

Check out the logo's on the side:

He made his first pass in a real drag car in mine, and he has always said that he owes me for that.

Maybe I should tell him no...

I think so!

We have LOTS of work to do, man...

Be safe,

Ruben

Cheeseboy

« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2013, 09:50 pm »
Don't forget the burn suit and the helmet before you launch that rocket down the runway.  It looks like it would beat an F14 in the quarter mile until takeoff.  I'll need my crossover upgrade before you become the Chuck Yeager of the Funny Car circuit. 

I got my LS6 from Sunil (soundofrockets) who got them from AV123. 

Quantos Pesos Senior Quicksdraw?  I think you can pack that one single handed. 

How many sheeets of No Rez would it take to do both speakers.  I'll pull off a driver and look at the job it will entail.  I could have the AV123 propriatary staple the crap on mod. 

Get well soon Danny.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2013, 10:09 pm »
I think so!

We have LOTS of work to do, man...

Be safe,

Ruben

Ruben,

Check this company out.  They can put a finish on anything.  Dip Ur Whip. 

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dipurwhip.removablefinishes?fref=ts

The finishes would be great for intracite speaker designs.

Steve

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2013, 10:34 pm »
So you guys had fun without me hey? :-)

Cheeseboy

« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2013, 11:20 pm »
Hugh,

All Sunil ever talks about is your big boy Melody Mono Toys.  You were there Sat night in spirit.   We sure had fun when we all got together the last time.
Are you going to have dinner with us Saturday night June 1st?  It's a repeat of the GTG at Sunils just in your room at the Newport Show. 

Sunil, Cliff, Michael and his lovely wife and John and his charming spouse will be there too. 

It's your party this time bruddah!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2013, 11:46 pm »
Absolutely.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks S.
Hugh,

All Sunil ever talks about is your big boy Melody Mono Toys.  You were there Sat night in spirit.   We sure had fun when we all got together the last time.
Are you going to have dinner with us Saturday night June 1st?  It's a repeat of the GTG at Sunils just in your room at the Newport Show. 

Sunil, Cliff, Michael and his lovely wife and John and his charming spouse will be there too. 

It's your party this time bruddah!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2013, 12:11 am »
Ruben,

Steve

Thanks! I've looked into that finish. There's a shop about a mile from me that does it. There are some pretty tight spots on some upcoming Serenity models that it could be useful on. My original idea for that finish was to bang out a bunch of X-LS enclosures and have them "dipped". Quick prep, lot's of color options and it's cheap! :thumb:

Best,

Ruben

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2013, 02:22 am »
Since this thread is kind of all over the place,

Ruben, I don't remember if anyone has asked yet.  Are you planning on hanging out at LSAF?

dragoonxp20

« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2013, 02:23 am »
Ruben,

Steve

Is that plasti-dip?

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 16 Apr 2013, 04:16 am »
Since this thread is kind of all over the place,

Ruben, I don't remember if anyone has asked yet.  Are you planning on hanging out at LSAF?

Hi, Jonathon.

Nope, nobody has asked.

I'd really like to attend, but I am just too busy with Serenity Acoustics stuff right now. Maybe next year...

I WILL be attending RMAF, though. :thumb: Hope to see you there again this year.

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2013, 04:17 am »