Musical Fidelity A3cr preamp!

Nietzsche

Musical Fidelity A3cr preamp!
« on: 8 Jul 2004, 05:18 pm »
FS: One amazingly good Musical Fidelity A3cr preamp. The linestage of this nearly 30lb beast was given a class A rating by stereophile, a B for the phono stage! This preamp is a true dual-mono design with bigger transformers and more capacitance then most 100WPC amps! It is the best sounding preamp I have had in my system under $2K, by far the best built, and it sounds 95% similar to the A3.2 that I also owned. Though the A3.2 does a couple of things slightly better I kept the original A3cr in my system after living with both for a month! The A3 sounds sweet. Smooth, liquid, slightly warm, musically inviting, powerful bass, extended and sweet highs. Its the SS preamp for tubefans that don't want to live with the many, many faults of a tube pre, while stuck on the strengths of a SS pre! The last 2 to sell on audiogon and ebay went for an average price of over $800. I'll let this go for $800 too, but will include shipping to your door in the continental us! Paypal accepted but you cover the fee! Email with questions or for pictures.