Pool table rehab

mcgsxr

Pool table rehab
« on: 9 Apr 2013, 08:28 pm »
Just putting the finishing touches on my basement reno, and needed to have my ~20 year old pool table worked on.

It needed new rails (the rubber parts), and Simonis cloth for the rails and the bed.  It is also being professionally installed, so it will be level this time.

$650.  Ouch!

A new table would have cost me around $3000 though, so I guess I can survive it.

I had to take it apart during the reno, and I have missed playing a lot, so excited to get it up and running again next week.

Bizarroterl

Re: Pool table rehab
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2013, 03:49 pm »
That sounds reasonable.  I recovered a 9' snooker table many years ago.  The cloth was expensive and the cushions were even more expensive (I couldn't afford them).  With today's prices I suspect you could easily hit the $650 mark in materials alone.

mcgsxr

Re: Pool table rehab
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2013, 02:03 am »
The camel color Simonis 860 cloth is on the bed of the table, but due to a mix up, the wrong size rails were delivered.  Should be sorted out Friday night.

I played a game tonight to see how it plays.  It is well levelled.  The new cloth is very fast, and once the new rails (with matching cloth - looks really silly with beige cloth and green rails!) go in, it will be an interesting adjustment.

Good to have it back up and running, I love fitting in a few racks off the cuff during the week, and my standing weekly games with friends.