Any info on future DIY drivers?

bigjppop

Any info on future DIY drivers?
« on: 4 Apr 2013, 03:30 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has any info on the new DIY drivers that have been mentioned here several times. I'm particularly interested in anything that could be used for several small subwoofers. I'm curious about the entire line but particularly the subwoofer options.

Any info would be great, especially an estimated price/ETA. I know nothing is firm until release, but a ballbark idea would be great for planning purposes.

Thanks in advance!

Louis O

Re: Any info on future DIY drivers?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2013, 05:05 pm »
Hi bigjppop,

Oh yes they are and I have some in production right now. We are building a few models in the line and I'm doing much more R and D on the 8" full range ferrite. I have decided to make a few changes to the VC and the surround with the 8" model.

The first to get done are:

Model 7F Full range
Model 7A Full range Alnico
Model 5F Full range

The website is being built as well.

Looking to offer a 10" and 12" subwoofer.

Also I will base a mid-bass driver on the Model 7F and A. Great choice for adding supertweeters to them.

Both models will be in the 93 to 95dB range.

The Model 5 is similar to the RS5 I have now.

Firming up the prices and I will have the Model 5 set at $80 each.

I will be taking pictures of the production models and posting them.

Thanks,
Louis

bigjppop

« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2013, 05:20 pm »
Excellent, thanks for the info. Are the subwoofers being designed with a specific application in mind? I'm thinking of trying two 10's in small sealed boxes positioned around my room. Would your Drivers be a good option? Rough estimate on price?

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2013, 05:27 pm »
Hi bigjppop,

Thanks and they would work sealed or ported and I'm hoping to keep them under $150 each, but don't have the final numbers yet.

They are really overbuilt so they will handle a lot of EQ as well. They are designed to be very fast and blend with single drivers as well as multiway.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 4 Apr 2013, 05:29 pm »
Also the Model 5 is a drop in for any Fostex FE127 or 126. Same hole cutout and screw placement.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2013, 08:42 pm »
Hi All,

Here are some pictures of the New M7F full range and a M7F mid-bass.

Thanks,
Louis