Tempesta arrived

ricardojoa

Tempesta arrived
« on: 3 Apr 2013, 08:35 am »
Hi guys, just to let you know the good news, that my tempesta finally arrived. I opted balck baffle with imbuya veneer similar to what Rick has for his Verita. This is one is like the grown up version.
For now, i will need some time with them, before i can trully do a review on them.

pawsman

Re: Tempesta arrived
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2013, 06:43 pm »
ricardojoa,
 I'm anxious to see what you think of these. I've got the ported Veritas, and I'd like to trade up to the Tempestas eventually.
They look like a "Best in class" type speaker; a Monitor that can do it all-

pawsman

ricardojoa

« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2013, 08:06 am »
If is not a too trouble, it might be worth it. I would say the difference would be on the 1k and up though the upper register might be similar. The acutton is a revealing and detail driver.
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2014, 06:57 am by ricardojoa »

jonbee

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2013, 03:32 am »
Hi guys, just to let you know the good news, that my tempesta finally arrived.For now, i will need some time with them, before i can trully do a review on them.
Congratulations. If you get nearly as much satisfaction as I have in the last 2 years with mine you'll be very happy. I listen to mine several hours nearly every day, and I enjoy them even more now than when I first got them, as the rest of my system has been changed to synergize with them.
 Don't listen too critically for awhile. Accuton states on their site:
"These drivers are brand new and they need quite a bit of burn-in time, typically 8-12 weeks. You will notice a significant and steady improvement of sonic quality during this time."
« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2013, 03:59 pm by jonbee »

ricardojoa

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2013, 08:37 pm »
Congratulations. If you get nearly as much satisfaction as I have in the last 2 years with mine you'll be very happy. I listen to mine several hours nearly every day, and I enjoy them even more now than when I first got them, as the rest of my system has been changed to synergize with them.
 Don't listen too critically for awhile. Accuton states on their site:
"These drivers are brand new and they need quite a bit of burn-in time, typically 8-12 weeks. You will notice a significant and steady improvement of sonic quality during this time."
Thank you, i did not go full front baffle veneer as i wanted something  slightly different and save some money for my shipping. I have been very pleased with the sound so far. The first thing i do whem come home is to fire them up. Hopefully find some time to do a review on these as i think these deserve to be heard.
I have found some interest point on your discriptions, but i hope to find some later so we can have some discussion.

ricardojoa

« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2013, 12:01 pm »
NFW
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2014, 06:54 am by ricardojoa »

martyo

« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm »
Thanks for the review, any pictures?

ricardojoa

« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2013, 04:56 pm »
 8)
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2014, 06:54 am by ricardojoa »

martyo

« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2013, 07:07 pm »
Very nice. :thumb:

pawsman

« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2013, 09:04 pm »
Ricardo, these are beautiful speakers. I'm sure they sound as good as they look-

pawsman

mr_bill

« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2013, 11:50 pm »
Do you like them better than your songtowers?

jonbee

« Reply #11 on: 11 Apr 2013, 01:30 am »
I agree with his aseesment, though we have minor taste difference. As he pointed, the ribbon have less body to them compare to dome, but i am completly satisfied with how these sound as they are very airy with great extension and detail. I prefer the subtle presentation. These are some very transperant speakers. You can literally hear every note from instruments whether is piano, string and even lip sing. Most likely due to the low mass of the Raal and acutton. The bass driver seemed to to have opened and gotten better after at least on the third day. They seem more impactfull. I would say that the tempesta could benefit from a sub crossing low(60hz). But they also prove that you dont need a speaker to dig down in the 30hz to sound good. They are very tight, it kind of reminds me of my old sealed altec lansing towers, but these are more clear in the upper registers with great focus when tom hat come into play.
The only complaint that i may have is the lower midrange. Personally, i prefer a tad warmth, but this is a matter of preference. Overall, they are very neutral. Nothing seemed to standout.
They project a deeper soundstage compare to my Songtower and with that, they image differently. The tempesta has more of a  3D imaging, i wouldn't describe them as pinpoint. Imaging with layers to them. Soundstage width could be better with the right room, for one, these could be spread much wider without sounding minitirized.
Very nice review. You neatly described what I've been hearing.
As to the comment on the tweeters, I also prefer the high end presentation of the Ts to dome tweeters. My comment on weight of the highs is a just a comment, not a criticism. I love ribbon tweeters, and the RAAL is the best of the many I've heard and owned.
I recently discovered that by cleaning up my AC power with a Pi Audio Buss , the soundstage width improved DRAMATICALLY. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, the Tempestas display any changes in ancillaries very clearly.

You did a lot of checking around before making the choice. I'm glad you're pleased. I feel the Tempestas are the heart and soul of my system, which is the best I've owned in 45 years at this, and one of the best I've heard anywhere for its' size.
Obviously taste plays a big factor in speakers; the ultra-clear presentation of the Tempesta, without sweetening, won't float everyone's boat.

maxboy00

« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm »
Glad you like your Tempesta's, they are an excellent speaker, and the finish is top notch. I also find them to be very detailed and involving . . . enjoy them!

bigbang

« Reply #13 on: 13 Apr 2013, 12:02 am »
Nice looking veneer and the black baffle looks great with it!

Interesting about the low mid you mention. How low are you talking? I'm finding mine are pretty happy with the backs only about 18" from the wall, but I do have a good 4'+ from sidewalls.

ricardojoa

« Reply #14 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:08 am »
Nice looking veneer and the black baffle looks great with it!

Interesting about the low mid you mention. How low are you talking? I'm finding mine are pretty happy with the backs only about 18" from the wall, but I do have a good 4'+ from sidewalls.

My thought, it could be just a tad warmness im looking.
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2014, 06:55 am by ricardojoa »

bigbang

« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2013, 01:59 pm »
 :oops: Very un-audiophile gear I'm afraid. So my observations may not be applicable in this instance.

A couple different sources feeding digital to an Onkyo 886 where it turns it to 2.1 or 5.1 depending on the source material. L/R (and surround when applicable) signals are fed to a Sunfire Cinema Grand II AC that was brought back up to spec a couple years ago.

The only processing done to the signal is the x-over to the subs @ 80hz which is done in the 886, then the subs are eq'd with a Velodyne SMS-1. Subs are two SVS SB12 NSD's.

All interconnects are decent quality but nothing exotic.

Room is pretty dead with minor treatments.

fathead

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2013, 03:10 am »
Which song towers do you have and how did the tempesta compare ?