SOLD: Rega P5 with many, many extras $900 or package deals

watercourse

Hi all,

Change in family finances forces me to sell this excellent deck. Don't want to do it, but I have to.

Rega P5 with installed mods:
- Rega TTPSU - $329 value
- Pete Riggle VTAF with teflon upgrade - $240 value
- Incognito rewire - $229 value
- Michael Lim double pulley - $38 value
- Two Rega white belts - $80 value
- Groovetracer Reference subplatter, Delrin platter, and counterweight with two sets of weights (heavier brass and 150g weights included) - $650 value
- Michael Lim motor isolation base - $100 value

As you can see, the extras alone are worth over $1600. However, I'll offer the entire package for $1800, paypal and shipping extra. I have all the stock parts, so I can bring it back to stock, except for the rewire of course.

I can part it out as well, but would prefer to sell as a unit - and the price I am offering reflects this. Will likely arrive in two packages if buying the entire rig. I will throw in a DIY carbon fiber brace and appropriate damping material if you buy the package. The brace makes a significant difference that must be heard. The brace is cut for the VTAF bushing, but will accommodate any three-point mount Rega arm.

As configured with all the above mods, this system beat out a VPI Classic - no mean feat. I have many posts under username "watercourse" at VinylEngine describing this rig, and with many photos. It sounds great in stock form as well, as all reviews and owner experiences can attest to. Have used this system with Shelter 901 and 501 and Dynavector 10x5 and 20xl, all with great synergy - the RB700 can clearly run this high level of cartridge.

Cosmetics are about 7/10 due to modded nature and some scuffs, but it performs like a champ.

Contact me if you have any interest.

Wilson

« Last Edit: 17 May 2013, 07:11 pm by watercourse »

watercourse

Re: FS: Rega P5 with many, many extras $900
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2013, 04:45 pm »
Here are some parting out prices:

These are individual prices, but I will offer package deals:

Rega TTPSU - $329 value for $230
Pete Riggle VTAF with teflon upgrade - $240 value for $170
Michael Lim double pulley - $38 value for $25
Rega white belt - $70 value for $30
Reference subplatter, counterweight with two sets of weights (heavier brass and 150g weights included) - Groovetracer Delrin platter for $200
Michael Lim motor isolation base - $100 value for $80

Again, the extras alone are worth over $1600, but I'll offer the entire package for $1800, paypal and shipping extra. I have all the stock parts, so I can bring it back to stock, except for the rewire of course, which will go with the arm.

Now to some hypothetical package deals. The P5 with just rewire would be $900. If I were starting off, I would want the P5 with the VTAF, TTPSU, and subplatter at minimum, and that package deal would be $1450.

Let me know if you have any interest, and thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: 2 May 2013, 04:22 am by watercourse »

watercourse

Re: FS: Rega P5 with many, many extras $900 or package deals
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2013, 05:02 am »
TTPSU, counterweight set, subplatter, and one white belt SOLD

watercourse

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2013, 04:25 am »
Thanks guys! Have these left:

P5 with Incognito rewire - $900, which is getting the rewire for free
Pete Riggle VTAF with teflon upgrade - $170 - highly recommended
Groovetracer Delrin platter - $200 - this is an awesome upgrade, much better than stock or acrylic
Michael Lim motor isolation base - $80 - you have to hear this

Package deal, anyone?

watercourse

« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2013, 02:04 am »
$1250 for everything, including shipping.

watercourse

Re: SOLD: Rega P5 with many, many extras $900 or package deals
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2013, 07:11 pm »
SOLD