BDP-1 song order question

setamp

BDP-1 song order question
« on: 31 Mar 2013, 08:03 pm »
Using MPOD on my iphone, I have my settings established to play an entire album in song track order.  On some rips this works just fine but others do not.  If I look at the original files, the tracks are labelled properly but apparently not being read correctly.  These albums are not compilations but are singly artist rips.  How do I correct this?  Thanks

ttsto

Re: BDP-1 song order question
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2013, 06:05 am »
It happened to me once or twice only for albums with high number of songs (>20 or something), in my case was with classical music.
It was visible only in the remote app, on MAX2 the order of songs was Ok.

skunark

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2013, 05:05 pm »
I've hit this issue lately with AIFF files ripped by iTunes.   Seems like it's not an uncommon issue for wav and aiff files for various ripping applications, but the only solution i can provide is use another program to change the tag.    I'm not sure if this change is just downgrading or fixing the values in the tag.    I have noticed that VLC can correctly read the tag and when you modify and save the tags, MPD/id3tag can read the tag correctly.

Jim

setamp

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2013, 11:52 pm »
Thanks.  It is happening to me with albums with as few as 8 songs.  I do rip to aiff and use db poweramp.

setamp

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2013, 12:06 am »
I found the problem.  It seems db poweramp had a problem in a recent version with song order and aiff (and other) file extensions.  I downloaded the newest version and it now works fine.  I just have to re-rip those cd's from that period when I used the older software.