Wave pattern on the ribbon and mylar on MG1.7

Danne

Re: Wave pattern on the ribbon and mylar on MG1.7
« Reply #20 on: 17 Apr 2013, 06:44 pm »
Update and solution.

Since I did not open the boxes right after delivery, but a couple of weeks later, the shipping company laughed at any claim..
I had arguments with the seller, since a local distributor said to him this wave pattern was from being over driven..

Out of options, I emailed Wendell, begging for his opinion and he was very clear this was a shipping damage, also emailing our distributor and straightened that out.

Luckily now money is back on my account and the speakers will be picked up for delivery back.

Could not really hope for such a good solution in the end. Now hunting for a pair of 1.7's again, might buy new this time..

medium jim

« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2013, 07:00 pm »
Glad that it worked out.  My friend, Alon owns Shelley's Stereo in Woodland Hills,Ca.  He has a couple pairs of 1.7's that he has on sale.  Not sure where you are, but even if they have to be shipped, it still might be a good deal, sans sales tax you know.  They are also authorized Magnepan Dealers...

His # is 818 716-8500

Good luck,

Jim

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #22 on: 17 Apr 2013, 08:44 pm »
New will get you a Warranty which is always a good thing.

medium jim

« Reply #23 on: 17 Apr 2013, 10:33 pm »
New will get you a Warranty which is always a good thing.

On some things, a warranty is good :thumb:

Jim

andyr

« Reply #24 on: 18 Apr 2013, 02:32 am »
Update and solution.

Since I did not open the boxes right after delivery, but a couple of weeks later, the shipping company laughed at any claim..
I had arguments with the seller, since a local distributor said to him this wave pattern was from being over driven..

Out of options, I emailed Wendell, begging for his opinion and he was very clear this was a shipping damage, also emailing our distributor and straightened that out.

Luckily now money is back on my account and the speakers will be picked up for delivery back.

Could not really hope for such a good solution in the end. Now hunting for a pair of 1.7's again, might buy new this time..

Great outcome - thanks to Wendell.  Shows how ethical Magnepan is ... not sure I can say the same about your country distributor!  :evil:

Regards,

Andy