Mensa DIO audition

Wayne1

Mensa DIO audition
« Reply #20 on: 12 Feb 2003, 04:03 pm »
Doug,

Blu-tack does not do the same thing as the lacquer. There is still vibration going on from inside the chip that blu-tak will not surpress. Blu-tack is good for isolating vibrations from the crytal. I would be careful about using the blu-tack on the op-amp when it is biased into class A. The chip really does generate a fair amount of heat that does need to go away. :)

I have just been informed by Mr. Altmann that he is also going to let me sell the 0.5 ml vials here in the states. I will most likely be able to sell them for around $50-55.00 plus shipping. I should get the vials and more lacquer within a week.

Jack,

The smART op-amp is socketed. You can IC roll if you wish. I have tried the LT1365 and the LT1362, but I do prefer the sound of the 1362. Whatever you choose to try does have to be a 14 pin, quad op amp. I would check the data sheets on the LT-1362 and compare it to whatever you wish to try for pin compatibility

The OPA-627 is a dual op-amp in an eight pin case. It is not directly compatible with the LT-1362. There really isn't any room left in the smART DI/O for any adaptors to use this chip.