selective AlbumArtDB building?

Marius

• About.me
selective AlbumArtDB building?
« on: 16 Mar 2013, 04:13 pm »
HI Chris,

before, we discussed building AlbumArt Db on the BDP1. In my settings it never finishes, and all MAX2 functionality that depends on this DB doesn't work. Also, Ive mentioned before that building it tends to render my MacbookPro (8gB memory) useless after a while, when the Settings page is in view or on one of the tabs in Safari. Closing Safari or surfing to another page solves the issue. Somehow, memory seems to be exhausted by this operation (and Ive posted screenshots of the processes before to show whats happening)

Since Im finding my way with a new NAS now, and placed a lot of files on it, to be served by it to my DLNA and iTunes clients, the BDP1 also indexes these. No issue whatsoever. Playing fine. But trying to rebuild the AlbumArtdb once more to see if the latest firmware does produce a working solution, my Macbook was overtaken again.

Which leads me to the title question: could you give us a selective albumart DB? being able to select only the attached drives for example would be a very handsome option, to name but one.

Cheers,
Marius