What component you most regret selling (and wish you had back!)

geowak

Marantz 2230 receiver with wooden case. Sold it to a friend last year cause he needed a phono preamp section. Oh well, maybe I'll get a 2270 as long as I can keep it from the wife. He he

JackD201

Koetsu Urushi Wajima  :cry:

JackD

Music Reference RM-5 Mk. III preamp dead silent for a tube unit with top shelf phono section.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Certainly not this one!
What a pile.

I do miss my Harman Kardon Citation 22.

medium jim

My Marantz Model 9's, but there was more of a sentimental attachment, my new amp is sounding better and better each day.

Jim

dB Cooper

What is that there, SteveFord?

jimtranr

McIntosh MR-67 tuner. And the Finco FM-5 antenna that I mated it to.

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
What is that there, SteveFord?

Oh, don't ask that! :wink:

Certainly not this one!
What a pile.

Hey, I can say precisely the same thing. :lol:

I do wish I'd kept the Klipsch Belles.

jimdgoulding

preamps. I had a great Hafler DH110 i built from a kit. Traded it in for a POS Sony's first digital preamp. big mistake.
Then I had a Counterpoint 2000 preamp. it broke, twice, i sold it.
Both I wish i never sold.
Now, I own three preamps, none of which will ever get sold.
I do not regret selling any other items.
I built a Hafler, too, but can't say I regret selling it.  In fairness, what I replaced it with was a much more expensive tube pre, a Counterpoint SA-5.

simoon

I regret selling a Threshold 4000 and a Yamaha B1.

Also my Oracle Delphi MKII.

charmerci

This is a I-wish-I-had-bought-it one.

In the early 80's, my friend and I went to this guy's house. My friend was buying a Hadcock arm. The dude had other equipment lying around. I wasn't searching to buy anything and he casually points to a tube amp and says, "I'm selling this too." We both said no thanks. It was a Mac 275.  :duh:

Freo-1

I regret selling a Threshold 4000 and a Yamaha B1.

Also my Oracle Delphi MKII.

I have a 100% restored Threshold 400A: 

The only parts left original are the power transformer and the front meters.  Still sounds excellent.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
There there is the seldom seen Aural Thrills phono preamplifier.
You will notice that the tubes are not all a-glow.
That may or may not be an action shot... :D

SteveFord

• Facilitator
My beautiful Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 line stage but this one has a happy ending: it's coming back!

rodge827

An Audio Note Kits 2.1b Signature Dac   :bawl:

I had a friend build it the way that he built his with an all Black Gate over sized power supply, AN silver in oil coupling caps, 2w Tantalum resistors everywhere, and all silver AN wiring throughout. He custom ordered the kit with the parts he wanted then added what AN couldn't supply. All of the tubes were purchased NOS from a friend of his who has garages full of old tubes. He would order what we wanted and about 1-2 months later they would show up in the mail with a very fair bill attached. They guy would test the tubes every way possible and send what measured best for your needs. The sound so smooth and natural with dynamics to spare.

I hate taxes   :banghead: 

Alnico5

I had an Altec 353a that I gave to a friend. We have not kept in touch, but sometimes I think about going to see him and ask if he will sell it back to me!

Jaxn

Transcriptors with the Vestigial Arm. Not the best, but certainly an attention getter. I have re-acquired my Lecson AC1 pre and AP1 power amps, but the pre still needs work to bring back to life. I'm using my Bugle (amazing piece) to carry the signal from my TD-160/Ortofon M/C to the Citation 17 and Citation 19 which drives my Gale GS-401 speakers. Vintage enough? All of this stuff dates to the mid 1970 era and I used to own it all. Guess I'm stuck in the past, except for Jim's pre.

Jaxn

Sea-Bee

• Being a cool cat. Tubes all of the way!!
Years ago I had a pair of Grommes 260 amplifiers with a Grommes 209 preamp with Telefunkens.  *SNIFFFF!!*  Groannn...

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel

Transcriptors with the Vestigial Arm. Not the best, but certainly an attention getter.

Jaxn
I have this exact setup.  It's my dad's that he purchased new back in the 70's. 

decal

Rogue Audio Tempest II Magnum.