What component you most regret selling (and wish you had back!)

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
" What's gone is gone and I do not give a damn..."                                 
                                                    Peter Gabriel ( from " I Don't Remember " )

I can honestly say that any gear I've bought has not left me waxing nostalgic for what came before. It's always been done for good reason and at enough personal expense to make the change something I don't want to have to regret. So far, so good.

D.D.

Russell Dawkins

The Quad 57's I left in the street for the garbage collector when I moved to the US  :o

OUCH!! I hope the garbage collector happened to be an audiophile...

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
I wish I still had my first componet system that I assembled on an E-2's pay of $106 a month. AR turntable, Radio Shack pre-amp and amp and a pair of smallish KLH speakers. It would look good, displayed on a shelf, next to what I own now.

Doc

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Harman Kardon 730 receiver, Large Advents, Carver M500t Mk. II amplifier.

jonbee

That's an easy one for me. Apogee Divas and the space to use them properly.
At one time I had a separate condo from my wife just for these speakers!

putz

My Infinity RS3B speakers. Stupid Home Theater phase I went thru.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King

...At one time I had a separate condo from my wife just for these speakers!

Hmmm, that's your story, eh.   :wink:
And the wife bought it????

doug s.

• makin' music
i miss the 2nd sansui tu9900 tuna i sold.  not the first; it was stock.  but the 2nd was modded to the hilt.  unlikely to ever find another one like it at a price i can afford.  prettiest tuna ever made, imo.

i shoulda kept it and sold the sansui tu-x1 instead.  the tu-x1 "might" have a slight sonic edge, but it's nowhere near as nice looking.  of course, i would likely regret its sale too, if i ever let it go, as it's one of the "holy grail" tunas...   :lol:

doug s.

a.wayne

Have to admit Doug , never saw a TUNA like that before ....:)

Pez

"I'm sure if I saw that house now it'd make me sick." - Daniel Plainview -There Will Be Blood

I have never really been a nostalgic person. Maybe someday I will be. But I have made enough excellent decisions (IMO) in my upgrade path that there isn't a component that I miss. Despite that I do remember the first time I unpacked these as if it were yesterday.

nOrh 9.0

I miss that time in my audiophile path, but if I heard those speakers now it'd make me sick.

Guy 13

Hi all Audio Circle members.
When I think about all the nice (Looking) audio stuff I had
and all the nice audio stuff I sold (At a lost) for no real good reason other than trying to have something better.
Sometimes I want to kick my #@%$&*&^%
Sometimes we sell the equipment we have to finance more expensive and supposedly better stuff.
I do regret sell many of the items show below.
If I could re-do everything again, I would keep everything I have acquired thru the years, but I realize that to do that, you need lots of $ $ $ $

Guy 13

My first real audio system:
Dual 1019 w/Orthophon cartridge
Sony tape deck
Brand name: Sound Audio Amplifier/tuner combo.
Speaker not shown:
RSC bookshelve speakers 2 X four inches in sealed enclosure.

Sony tape player w/built in speaker a real nice unit, they don't make them like that anymore and they will never make them like that ever... :duh:
Just tinking about it, I am almost crying.

Guy 13

martyo

Carver TFM-75

Blueshirt1

"I'm sure if I saw that house now it'd make me sick." - Daniel Plainview -There Will Be Blood

I have never really been a nostalgic person. Maybe someday I will be. But I have made enough excellent decisions (IMO) in my upgrade path that there isn't a component that I miss. Despite that I do remember the first time I unpacked these as if it were yesterday.

nOrh 9.0

I miss that time in my audiophile path, but if I heard those speakers now it'd make me sick.

I had those as well over 10yrs ago. One of my first "real" audiophile purchases. Cant remember how they sounded now but I know I was excited when I got them.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Is that a Weber grill?  :scratch:  :lol:

dB Cooper

Those nOrh's- I have never understood what they are about. If I had a pair I'd paint them to look like a Smithfield ham.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  My orgasmatron Woody Allen bought it.

charles

doug s.

• makin' music
  My orgasmatron Woody Allen bought it.

charles
i bet your wife wishes you hadn't sold it even more, so you'd stop bothering her.   :lol:

doug s.

dB Cooper

:duh:

spotlightaudio

JBL4343B speakers in walnut

bside123

Marantz SLT Linear Tracking Turntable c. 1970

A hand-me-down from my Dad, when I went off to college. I was too young and restless to appreciate it. Sold this turntable and my record collection to finance a long trip abroad. I was able to rebuild the vinyl collection, but never the table. Now, that I can appreciate this historic technology, I'd love to have the table to play around with today. It was way more table, requiring way more attention, then I could either respect or care for at the time.  :duh: