The Terminal

witchdoctor

The Terminal
« on: 4 Jul 2004, 02:43 am »
This movie was great! Very funny, good story, and great acting by Tom Hanks.

Digi-G

Me too...
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2004, 06:01 pm »
Just goes to show how talented Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg really are.  On the surface (from the previews) the storyline seemed a bit weak, but it's quite engrossing.  Very good characters and character development with the right people playing the right roles.  Obviously, I liked it too, although I thought the romance part seemed to be a stretch.

Highly recommended.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
The Terminal
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2004, 06:31 pm »
When spielberg scales down his focus (like with the Terminal and Catch Me if You Can), he can really do good work.  It is typical spielberg in that he uses every trick in the book to make you feel a certain way about a character or situation, and tends to be a bit ham-handed about it, but if you know this going in you can compensate for it and actually enjoy the movie and the skill that went in to the acting and directing.

witchdoctor

The Terminal
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2004, 01:37 am »
The romance was unbelievable that she was the initial pursuer, the conclusion was very believable ( or should I say typical?)
TC

ASi_TEK

• NO LIMITS!!!
    • www.asi-tek.com
The Terminal
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2004, 06:42 am »
Saw this a couple weeks ago. My wife and my mother-in-law came to watch this with me and I found them bored, tired and plainly not interested in this movie. It goes to show you that they are the "chick flick" types.

However, I thought it was great, it was abnormally long and had a large plot.   I didn't see much romance in this from my perspective, but rather a crazy pshyco lunatic broad that I would never date! Trust me!  :guns: