Hi guys, got a question about pans and sticking food

ricardojoa

Hi cooking experts,

i have two pans, one is a high quality WMF 6.5" pan and one is a non branded china made 6.5"pan. My WMF had always given me problems with food sticking the bottom even with  high amount of oil while my cheap china pan  had not given me trouble in cooking. Both are stainless steel, the built quality on the wmf is far superior then the one from china, but the problem is that the food always stick.
Can someone tell me why would that happen? By the way, im using induction stove if that would make a difference.
Just getting frustrated with wmf, but i hope a technique can solve the problem.

Thank you
« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2013, 11:32 am by ricardojoa »

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Re: Hi guys, got a question about pans and stiking food
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2013, 11:34 am »
Hot pan cold oil food doesn't stick. If you're serious about cooking invest in some All-Clad cookware. It ain't cheap, but if you watch cooking shows, invariably, that's what they use, or a knock off with their name on it.

Doc

polyglot

Re: Hi guys, got a question about pans and sticking food
« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2013, 07:40 pm »
Hi cooking experts,

i have two pans, one is a high quality WMF 6.5" pan and one is a non branded china made 6.5"pan. My WMF had always given me problems with food sticking the bottom even with  high amount of oil while my cheap china pan  had not given me trouble in cooking. Both are stainless steel, the built quality on the wmf is far superior then the one from china, but the problem is that the food always stick.
Can someone tell me why would that happen? By the way, im using induction stove if that would make a difference.
Just getting frustrated with wmf, but i hope a technique can solve the problem.

Thank you

Heat up the pan first and let it cook till the meat start to separate. I use non stick pans only for vegetables and use a traditional French thick iron pan for meat/fish to sear, the taste is much better! You can sear meat/fish with enough fat in them like Salmon or steak (rib eye best) without any oil or butter. When it's almost done add some oil or butter, try it!