Cambridge Audio S30 Modded by Dennis Murphy Stand Mounts-first Dibs!

Joemamma

Hi,
Up for sale is a modded pair of Cambridge Audio S30's by Dennis Murphy.  In stock version, they are one of the most popular speakers out there today because of the performance to cost ratio.  There are many outstanding reviews on the AVS forum about these little guys. The mods take up the performance a few notches. 

I am giving audio circle members first dibs before I post them on audiogon.  They are in black and are about 6 months old.  They are mint with just some small spots of discoloration on the front baffle(they came like this).  Perhaps some residue on the bottom from blu tak. They sound amazing and throw out a huge sound stage.  They are extremely neutral and transparent.  Well why are you selling them?  Going to start on new system.  The price is firm at $325+shipping.  Figure around $30 for shipping.

Cacophonix

I've read good things about these speakers. It'd help if you can shed more light on what mods were done by Dennis Murphy.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Also, how much was the upgrade?  This with the specifics will help us alot.
Thanks,

Joemamma

The upgrade was around $100 total.  The upgrade was for those who thought they were a little too forward and bright.  According to Dennis, the highs were smoothed out and a flatter frequency response was achieved especially in the highs (with no sizzle introduced in the region above 10khz).  These are not my words.  This is how dennis explained it.  I have had the pleasure of talking to him and he was very honest and straight forward.  He even had me donate the charges for the mod to an orchestral organization.  A class act.