FS: Modified Linkwitz Orion speakers in Australia, starting at $1000

sfdoddsy

I'm selling much much enjoyed Orion-based system. If you're in Australia, it is a cheap way to get a great sounding speaker, or to nab some drivers.

Price, depending on options, is from $1000 upwards and full details are here:

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/51162-fs-digital-linkwitz-orion-speakers-starting-from-1000/

JohnR

Hi Steve, that can't be read without registering. Copy it here?

sfdoddsy

Thanks John.

Here we go...

So here are the options.

For $1000 you can have my speakers as they currently stand. The bass drivers are a pair of Acoustic Elegance IB12s per side. The mid is a Seas Excel W21. The front tweeter is a Seas Millenium, and the rear is a Seas 27 TDFC.

This is basically what I think I could get for the drivers.

The price includes the compact baffle, and I’ll throw in the original MTM baffle. I wouldn’t say the finishes are that flash, but hey, they are free.

If you want an extra pair of W21s to populate the MTM baffle, just add $150.

If you want an extra pair of Milleniums for the rear tweeters, just add $300.

If you want the Seas W22 midrange instead of the W21, just add $200 for two or $400 for 4.

I used the Behringer DCX2496, and will of course pass on my crossover and EQ files. If you want the actual unit, just add $200.

And if you want the 8 channel QSC CX168 amp I used to drive them, just add $800. This is US voltage but I’ll throw in a transformer.

You can get more info about the build by clicking the link in my signature.

I have no packaging so it would be pickup only from Surry Hills in Sydney.

The speakers sound very similar to true Orions according to owners who have heard them, except they play louder and deeper. And you can tweak and EQ them.

Pics are available here:

http://cargocollective.com/stevedodds/Revenge-of-the-Nerd

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
The price includes the compact baffle, and I’ll throw in the original MTM baffle. I wouldn’t say the finishes are that flash, but hey, they are free.

Sfdoddsy,

Honestly your builds are beautiful. Kudos. :thumb:

Best,
Anand.