Unorthodox Speaker Set-Up

bernardo

Unorthodox Speaker Set-Up
« on: 26 Feb 2013, 09:34 pm »
I have been reading about room treatment and ran across an article on the Decware website “How to Set Up a Room Without Treatment” dated April 2000 as well as Roger Sander’s of Sanders Electrostatic speakers recommending an unorthodox set-up for speakers - setting them diagonal at a 45 degree angle and/or on adjacent walls straddling a corner.  Both claim that his arrangement works better than a symmetrical one. None of the room acoustics companies websites suggest or address this as an option. I am curious if anyone has ever tried this type of arrangement and if so what kind of results you experienced.

fishinbob

Re: Unorthodox Speaker Set-Up
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2013, 01:18 am »
In my case the location was more or less forced by the room layout but has worked out quite well. To be honest I haven't tried any other layout in this room with this system but feel that Mr Deckert is right on target with his article. I have done some acoustic work but have concentrated on bass issues. My first reflection points occur on the wall behind and slightly to the right of the LP where I have installed broadband traps with BAD panel facing for some diffusion.

Now if I could figure out a better location for my surrounds.   :scratch: