Analysis Plus Wiring

sbcgroup1

Analysis Plus Wiring
« on: 1 Jul 2004, 12:58 pm »
What's everyone's take on the Analysis Plus Wiring option? I'm considering it in the 40's and 30C (both w/FST's) which I'm going to add the TRT option.

-Ed

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Analysis Plus Wiring
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2004, 01:08 pm »
Ed,

You still haven't ordered yet?   :o

I went with the AP wire and I have no way of saying if it is better or not.  :(

I went that route b/c I wanted the best I could afford (which is also why I went TRT instead of Auricap).  Frankly, what's a few hundred more at that point?

Not sure if you "need it" for the center (especially since I think a center isn't necessary period).  

George

sbcgroup1

re:
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2004, 03:23 pm »
Quote from: zybar
Frankly, what's a few hundred more at that point?

Isn't it always a few hundred more that turns into a few thousand more?:)

That's been the trend with me....

-Ed

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Analysis Plus Wiring
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2004, 03:55 pm »
YUP!!

:bomb:

George

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
Analysis Plus Wiring
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2004, 06:46 pm »
I ordered it with my setup for the showroom with RM-30's times 3(fronts) with trt and wiring etc. If you ever will use the Triurnal processor or the like then the center channel with trt will become more important but if just watching movies then it is your call.  I personally like my front three to be the same .

Larry

ctviggen

Analysis Plus Wiring
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2004, 11:09 am »
Since I like the three front speakers to be the same (as close as possible), I ordered the wire for my RM40s and the RM30C.  I was thinking of leaving out the TRT caps and wire on the RM30C, but I've heard that having the front three speakers as similar as possible is good.  The real bummer is that if you don't get the three speakers with the same options and do notice a difference, it's harder to make the in-field changes.  

Another bummer is thinking about a $400 wiring option for the RM30C (or is it $200 for one speaker?), when you know that if you cross the RM30C over at 80Hz (which I do now but might try different settings since the RM30C goes lower than my current CC), you're paying about $200/80Hz or $2.50/Hz for wiring.  For some reason, when I think of running the RM30C full range, the $1 or so/Hz doesn't bother me, but using wire for 80Hz does.  I don't know why!

sbcgroup1

AP Wiring
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jul 2004, 03:10 pm »
:idea:

Quote from: John Casler
The Analysis Plus is Silver wiring for the Woofers.  It tightens and clarifies BASS frequencies.

I wonder then, if it should be added to the subwoofer as well....

-Ed

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
Analysis Plus Wiring
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jul 2004, 04:07 pm »
Ed,

Thought you were saving up for a lawnmower?????

Just add it to the speakers and not the subwoofers or just get the trt upgrade and leave out the wire to the front three but.....I would make the front three the same.

You are worse then I am!!!!

BTW- I am sitting waiting for my order from VMPs to be delivered today. MY RM-30's with all the trimmings two RM-30m's with vertical RM-30c. Two larger subs and 4 Ribbon dipole surrounds.(two pair) And Two 626r's. All with trt upgrade and the 30's with the Analysis wire. All with 6.5 woofer upgrade where needed.

Where oh where is the truck today....where oh where is my Hernia belt!!!!

Larry

sbcgroup1

re:
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jul 2004, 07:28 pm »
Quote from: lkosova
Ed,

Thought you were saving up for a lawnmower?????

So...no. 8)  Actually the place we're building still has rocks and dirt for a lawn...nice!!!!

Anyways...adding these upgrades on to my already placed (about a month ago) order...

TRT/AP wiring on 40's & 30C, AP wiring on Larger Sub. All were ordered with FST's already and I got a pair of LRC's (FST's only) for the rear.

DONE!!!!!! I can't take it anymore!!! :bomb:

-Ed