Reference 3A changes

R_burke

Reference 3A changes
« on: 21 Feb 2013, 07:50 pm »
Has anyone heard the "new" reference 3A units with the nextel cabinet treatment.  I'd like to hear from someone who has actually listened to both the new nextel version and the old non nextel version and get a reading on whether or not the nextel makes a difference

Thunder

Re: Reference 3A changes
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2014, 01:22 pm »
I am interested in feedback on this as well

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2014, 02:02 pm »
Well, I've never heard the prior versions of their offering, but I recently traded a piece of equipment for a new pair of MM De Capo BEs.  All I can say is that these speakers are exceptional.

I've never owned a pair of serious monitors before, but I can tell you that the De Capos give up very little to my reference Daedalus Ulysses (only in the deep bass).  Even so, the bass is unbelievable from such a small speaker, and they just disappear in my room.  Imaging, tonality, and soundstage are excellent.

I've always been interested in hearing the 3A line, but they don't have a very robust distribution network.  The only reason I picked these up, is that I'm moving to a smaller home next year and my Ulysses are too large for the new space.  I'm really happy I did, and I'll be selling my Ulysses shortly.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2014, 03:59 pm »
I don't know about the newer version, but I am on my second pair of Grand Veenas after foolishly selling the first pair. These are the latest version before they dropped the Murata supertweeter for the Be tweeter. These are exceptional speakers that are very involving. I have also heard the non Be version of the deCapo and was very impressed with them as well.

I know that doesn't really help with your initial question, but I thought I would offer it up anyway.

Shakey