WBT NextGen

TheChairGuy

WBT NextGen
« on: 28 Jun 2004, 04:29 pm »
Kevin,

I know from past posts and discussions you are no fan of the Eichmann Bullet RCA"s...due to suspect build quality and non-shielded capabilities, I think as I remember it.

Have you had the opportunity to evaluate the NextGen RCAs vs. standard WBT or Cardas RCAs yet?  Silver vs. copper, even? If so, whaddya' think?

I've found your past insights to be pretty grounded, so your opinion would be highly relevant to me.

There is a slow building of talk about the superiority of the NextGen's to the Eichmann's, and far better than standard RCA's.  

All with WBT reliability...albeit, at a  princely sum per RCA.

Kevin P

• http://www.diycable.com
WBT NextGen
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2004, 10:47 pm »
I have not.... I've had my plate pretty full in the last 6 months with the digital amps and several other projects and I've not had time to do a meaningful A/B comparison of the NextGens VS. Cardas connectors.  

I know this much... you cannot measure a difference in terms of frequency response or phase at the loudspeaker.

TheChairGuy

WBT NextGen
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2004, 11:09 pm »
Quote from: Kevin P
I have not.... I've had my plate pretty full in the last 6 months with the digital amps and several other projects and I've not had time to do a meaningful A/B comparison of the NextGens VS. Cardas connectors.  

I know this much... you cannot measure a difference in terms of frequency response or phase at the loudspeaker.

I certainly like that your plate's been full of digital amps :wink:  the last 6 months.

Very informally, I have heard more Eichmann tipped IC's that were exceptionally better than standard RCA'ed IC's of late, but it may all be that that the cables were better to start with.  It does 'sound' like less metal in between you and the source is better...at least that's what I found by bypassing banana plugs and speaker binding posts (in a active set-up a while back) alltogether in the past.

Anyhow, I guess I'll get some further input from others as the months progress.

In the meantime, I hope to be very much enjoying my Exodus 2.2se  :)

Thanks Kevin.