RHB Sound Dezign GreenForce PSU

Domob_in_sf

RHB Sound Dezign GreenForce PSU
« on: 7 Feb 2013, 06:12 pm »
I am seriously considering this upgrade to my pre-amp PSU. http://greenforcesupply.com/
I was wondering if anyone here has this mod in their gear (there are about 30 out in the world so far) or has researched it and has thoughts on the matter.  I did a forum search for GreenForce and found no results. Using V-Caps for power could be ideal. I know it is a new patent / product so it is likely still under the radar. Thanks.

ZLS

Re: RHB Sound Dezign GreenForce PSU
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2013, 06:28 am »
    Did not have this mod, but had their power supply mod and am very pleased. 

Domob_in_sf

« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2013, 12:49 pm »
Thanks ZLS. I have been corresponding with them all week, and am pleased with their level of communication and customer engagement. I can tell that I will be consulted at every step. Everything I have read thus far online has touted their work, so it seems they have a sterling reputation. People have used "genius" to describe Bob. I was just intrigued by his whole concept of GreenForce, but have only a rudimentary understanding of what makes a power supply linear and why that is good. I do get that people prefer film caps to electrolytics, so I can see that removing those where possible has a sonic benefit.

kbuzz3

« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2013, 03:50 pm »
Just saw this thread. Coincidentally, I just sent my pre amp down to bob for power supply upgrades(s). Will report back....

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm »
I can understand the want to remove capacitors, but not electrolytics in particular. I want to know what it is...