Have You Checked Out TRI Studios?

cloudbaseracer

Have You Checked Out TRI Studios?
« on: 7 Feb 2013, 05:09 am »
My buddy is a big Grateful Dead fan and he came over tonight to listen to some live studio sessions over the internet from http://www.tristudios.com/videos.  I have to say that the sound was simply amazing on the Weir/Schools songs.  I was running HDMI out of my computer and was blown away at the video/audio quality.  The crazy thing is that this was running the sound through my big screen first and it was doing the conversion.  I could not believe it and it makes me really wonder how good high rez or DSD can be. 

To say it was a revolution (to my ears) is an understatement.  I encourage you to follow the link and run this through your best hi-fi system.  If you have the HD tv to go along with it then you are in for a real treat.

Please let me know your thoughts.......

Thanks,
James

strider

Re: Have You Checked Out TRI Studios?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2013, 12:23 pm »
Thank you for the link.

Had never known that Bobby had such a project, pretty cool. I'll definitely check it out later tonight when I get home.

Ben

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Have You Checked Out TRI Studios?
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2013, 09:04 pm »
Looks good. But I say that while sitting here at work with no speakers and 1,000,000 lumins of florescent lighting reflecting off my monitor.
Will be a couple days before I get a chance to view, but I'm looking forward to it.

This isn't high res, but if you're a Bob Wier fan, he's got a couple one hour videos that I like very much.
Here's number one.

Bob