Prisjm 6.6

TjMV3

Prisjm 6.6
« on: 27 Jun 2004, 06:24 pm »
Anyone own these speakers?

Can anyone share their experience with these speakers?

How do they sound?  

Thanks in advance.

nathanm

Prisjm 6.6
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2004, 06:49 pm »
I have a pair.  (bought used)  I thought they sucked when I first got them, but either they improved over time or I got acclamated to the sound.  I used them for watching DVDs currently and they do fine, no big complaints.  I wish they were a little taller though.  I wonder if there isn't something not ideal in either the port tuning or crossover as the bass is somewhat weak but occasionally I hear these really deep rumbles coming from them.  Their shape makes it great for placing them next to your side walls.  You can get a great soundstage this way too.

Great cabinet, great look but I think there's untapped potential there in the sonics.  Oh, and if you buy them the crossover will rip out of the MDF during shipping!  But hey, if you've got a screwdriver handy you'll be set.  Heh!

TjMV3

Prisjm 6.6
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2004, 07:46 pm »
Thank you for being candid.

Doesn't sound to promising.

nathanm

Prisjm 6.6
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2004, 04:31 pm »
Well, not necessarily.  For instance, if a person were to express an earnest desire to purchase my pair I can say without a doubt that they are amongst the finest reproducers to ever grace my reference system and that although it pains me greatly to part with them my wife insists on speakers with a proper top on which to place her prized Hummel figures.