Jackie Evancho with Chicago Symphony Orchestra last night

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
What an absolutely stunning performance last night by this little 12 year old with a voice sent from Heaven above.
 The CSO was at their finest and the acoustics were perfect. You could here a pin drop.
 What took me back was the warmth and natural sound. Not a hint of glare or distortion to be found. Just comfort.
 Earlier today I decided to change back to a 5 watt tube that Alex Yeung ( Mr Eastern Electric) made for me about a dozen years ago.
 An RGN2504 Telefunken mesh plate circa 1939 tube rectified 6L6(using WE350B tubes at the moment) with Ken-Rad 6SN7 black-glass tubes as driver, what is lovely about this amp is
by a flip of a switch on the back you can change it to use 6V6 tubes also or also use 6SL7 tubes as the drivers for a real bluesy presentation that the 6V6 brings to the table.

With the amps Alex has made over the years and even with my Hypex NC400 mono- blocks, this little amp still does everything right and is just so musical
 I can't wait till later this evening to give a listen when all are off the electrical grid .

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?