Acoustic Panels in Canada ?

django11

• Canuckistani
Re: Acoustic Panels in Canada ?
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jan 2013, 12:01 pm »
For the corners you could always cut triangles of Roxul and stack it to the ceiling and then just build a frame out off 1 x 2 with fabric stapled to that and secure the frame to the wall in front of the Roxul.  I did a thread on it in the appropriate circle.  I think it was titled "simple diy bass trap".

Captainhemo

« Reply #21 on: 31 Jan 2013, 11:33 pm »
Is the fabricx you guys are using to wrap the panles in as breathable as grill cloth ?  I picked u8p  some  material  last weekend   that I thought was very breathable  but when I got it home and compared it tomy  grills,   the grills definitely had less resistanc to  breath through.  .
Is anyone using the  Guilford of Maine stuff   and what is it like compared to  grill cloth ?

-jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #22 on: 6 Feb 2013, 03:35 am »
I finished the panels yesterday.   Haven't got them hung yet  but  even just placing them   at the first reflection points they seem  to make quite a difference
Here is apic of one of them, I alreay  had  a bunch of stone wool (safe & sound)here so I just used that. When I do the bass traps for the corners,  I'll  buy some of the semi rigid FB from HD  as  was posted above and make them  4.5"  thick.  I ended up using brown gill cloth which matches my couch quite necely.

There is few more pics in my gallery if interested
Thanks for the help everyone

-jay