Lighting Ideas?

aggielaw

Lighting Ideas?
« on: 20 Jan 2013, 11:08 pm »
Not truly "acoustics" but I couldn't find a more appropriate circle for it here.  I've long strugged with how to light my turnable CD rack.  To date I've had a tall lamp and just turned it on each time I change CDs, but I'd really like to have one less object in the room and increase the cool factor by a thousand at the same time.  With all the LED light choices and other types of unique lighting on the market I'm hopeful someone will have some clever ideas for lighting the rack.  I thought about having an LED bar on the side wall just in front of the front plane of the rack.  I also considered placing LED strips on the rack itself, but I don't know what solution I could use that wouldn't require multiple strips, turning my rack into a Christmas tree.

One constraint is I'm renting the house so anything I do to the wall I need to be able to simply spackle over when I leave. :)

Thanks for your ideas!

jk@home

Re: Lighting Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2013, 02:19 pm »
Maybe you could get a nice looking ceiling spot light, but put it on the floor as an uplight instead?

But here's an idea that would help your room acoustically... Convert all those CDs on to a hard drive, and play through a PC or music server system. Then the actual disc collection can go in a box in the closet as the "backup", and the rack out of the room. I've been doing it for years, can't beat the convenience. :D