SOLD: Daedalus Ulysses

LP1

SOLD: Daedalus Ulysses
« on: 11 Jan 2013, 02:32 am »
Original owner selling pair of Daedalus Ulysses with all-poly crossover in beautiful walnut. Reason for sale is that I am pursuing a long term goal of having horns custom built for my room. Like horns, the Ulysses are high sensitivity (98db), very dynamic and extremely natural in sound. Sale includes walnut bases, maple plinths, magnetic grills and Soundocity outriggers. Speakers are in 9/10 condition with OBM.

www.daedalusaudio.com

List is $14,700. Asking $9,500 plus shipping from 07901. Paypal add 3%.

« Last Edit: 3 Feb 2013, 06:56 pm by LP1 »

Jumpin

Re: FS: Daedalus Ulysses
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2013, 02:05 pm »
Wow, beautiful!

LP1

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2013, 11:10 pm »
Thank you. Lou's speakers are indeed special, especially amongst the plethora of "audiophile" monotony that exists in the marketplace. I have enjoyed immensely my 2.5 years with the Ulysses, but am now moving on with a long term goal of having custom horns built for my room.

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2013, 12:40 am »
OT: sorry for the tangent, but wow!  I know that phono stage (assuming line stage too?)!  That is a product of Jeffrey Jackson.  Experience Music.   How do you love them?   Is he doing your horns too?  I have some of his Eleven Horns creations.

You speakers for sale are gorgeous as well! 

LP1

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2013, 02:13 am »
Josh, you are correct. The line stage and phono stage were designed and built by Jeffrey Jackson (a/k/a Experience Music) with a shout out to Dave Slagle for his contribution to these exceptional products. Jeffrey is also designing and building the horns for my room.  No doubt, it'll be a process, as horns are tough to get right, but I am confident Jeffrey will nail it. It takes quite a bit of effort and expense to surpass the Ulysses.

LP1

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2013, 04:10 pm »
Bump.

neilwill

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2013, 02:22 pm »
Wow!  I'm surprised these are still here.  Daedalus never comes up for good reason.  And these have the all polly upgrade too!  This is a great price.  If I could afford these I would snatch them up without hesitation.  I'm just waiting for the day when a pair of used D-harma appear at an affordable price and they would be my last speakers.

LP1

Re: SOLD: Daedalus Ulysses
« Reply #7 on: 3 Feb 2013, 06:56 pm »
Sold.