Get anything cool for Christmas?

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: Get anything cool for Christmas?
« Reply #20 on: 9 Jan 2013, 04:18 am »
Very nice Scott.

If you mind, what's a rig restored like that cost aprox. Are there quite a few nicely restored vintage vehicles like that to be had in Texas?

Rocket_Ronny

Scott F.

« Reply #21 on: 9 Jan 2013, 08:09 pm »
Very nice Scott.

If you mind, what's a rig restored like that cost aprox. Are there quite a few nicely restored vintage vehicles like that to be had in Texas?

Rocket_Ronny

If you look long and hard enough, you can find some really nice classic cars and trucks in our southern and southwestern states. The trick is not over-paying for one. Over here we've got several "reality" TV shows where the premis is to find an old car, fix it and auction it off. The auctions can command big bucks for the right car with the right buyers. In turn, everybody thinks their junker running on a 10 year old restoration is worth what they see on TV. They aren't.

The reason I look in those areas is that most of the well cared for vehicles are pretty much rust free down there. Once you move north, we use a lot of salt on the roads during our winters. That just eats cars alive. Even if a southern car has a little bit of rust, it isn't eaten up like the northern cars.

You really have to be careful and know what you are buying otherwise you could get stuck with a serious money pit. Thankfully, in my younger days I was a major gear head. I grew up with a socket wrench in my hand and know my way around an old car. There isn't much I haven't done to one including frame off restorations.

Only trouble with buying cars like this is that you either have to have them transported to your residence or do like I did with this one, fly down and drive it back. Thankfully, Dallas is about a 10 or 11 hour drive from St Louis. Driving something back from (say) Nevada would add an extra day or two to the drive.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #22 on: 9 Jan 2013, 09:36 pm »

Thanks for the info Scott. I thought you were from Texas. I have been in St. Louis a couple times. Enjoy the truck, we'll all be riding with you.

Rocket_Ronny

drummerwill

« Reply #23 on: 14 Jan 2013, 09:59 pm »

Yo Scott............Nice Ride ........You gotta Love a 302 "Sleeper"

Have fun
     Willie

WireNut

« Reply #24 on: 14 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm »
Well, what I got was from a little different audio manufacturer
I just got in this morning after flying to Dallas to pick her up and drive her back.
65 ford F100

Wow, that is awesome bro.  :drool:

ratso

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jan 2013, 10:49 pm »
well not nearly as cool as an old pickup but me and my dad got ourselves a homebrew setup. we just took a brewing class together this weekend. gonna be a tasty summer i hope  :thumb: