PS Audio Dectet

GerryD

PS Audio Dectet
« on: 6 Jan 2013, 07:21 pm »
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's using this unit about their experience with it.

AlbumCollector

Re: PS Audio Dectet
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2013, 04:40 am »
Haven't tried the Dectet yet however, it appears to consolidate several PS Ultimate Outlets in a single unit.

I recently (four months ago) added two 20amp high-current Ultimate Outlets running off a dedicated line. One handles digital and the other is for analogue.

The effect on my system was dramatic.  Much lower noise floor, deeper/wider soundstage, better bass and transparency on top.  Plus pace and timing improvements that make it hard to listen without tapping a foot or bouncing to the music.

If the Dectet incorporates improvements over the Ulimate Outlet it should be very good.

7ryder

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2013, 02:25 am »
curious -- how long is the stock cord on the Dectet and is it removable?  no info on PS Audio's website.  Thanks!

beowulf

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2013, 05:16 am »
curious -- how long is the stock cord on the Dectet and is it removable?  no info on PS Audio's website.  Thanks!

Are you sure it even comes with one?  I thought I read somehwere that it doesn't.

mingles

• my system
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2013, 09:18 am »
My Dectet came with a power cord from Monoprice.

polyglot

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2013, 04:59 pm »
You need a much better power cord than those from Monoprice. The Dectet provides great value for money but I would recommend an used Shunyata Hydra 6 (or 8 if you need more outlets) with a decent power cord like the Shunyata Black Mamba, the whole system is upgraded. Audience power conditioners are better but more expensive.