NEW DESKTOP SPEAKER FROM OMEGA

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
NEW DESKTOP SPEAKER FROM OMEGA
« on: 5 Jan 2013, 03:42 am »
As the webmaster for Omega and Hoyt-Bedford, Louis has given me the go ahead to announce the Omega Super 3T Desktop.
Having one of the first pairs out of his shop, all I can say is; Louis has nailed it again.  This is the smallest speaker Louis has ever made and absolutely perfect for the desktop.  Although I have an Omega sub under my desk, I have not felt the urge to turn it on as these little speakers produce plenty of bass.  The imaging is typical Omega - the best.  The tonal balance is like the rest of the Super 3 line: very linear.
Check them out on the Omega website.  http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com/super3desktop.html

« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2013, 06:08 pm by Canada Rob »

tumble2k

Re: NEW DESKTOP SPEAKER FROM OMEGA
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2013, 04:22 am »
This looks like the perfect speaker for my bookshelves. I am looking forward to getting a pair but car repairs and a whole house humidifier need to be paid for first.  :cry:

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2013, 04:43 am »
 8)
Louis
Congratulations! You are a role model and the master! I love your products because you perfect them before putting them on the market! Not sure there is anyone to compare to!
Best,
Tom

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2013, 11:01 am »
Multiple spike options with bottom port - like many great ideas makes you wonder why someone didn't think of it before.   :thumb:

Do they come with the little spike coasters shown?

But I noticed it cost $100/pair more than the super 3T.   :scratch:

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2013, 06:25 pm »
Multiple spike options with bottom port - like many great ideas makes you wonder why someone didn't think of it before.   :thumb:

Do they come with the little spike coasters shown?

But I noticed it cost $100/pair more than the super 3T.   :scratch:
Hi JLM,
Yes, they come with the coasters and all the spikes to make the various tilt combinations.

The cost to build the 3T Desktop is virtually the same as the 3T, but add to that the parts costs for 12 spikes, 6 coasters, and 6 threaded inserts, and the extra labour to install the inserts.

ejfud

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jan 2013, 08:50 pm »
Look great as always.

Love that laminate Louis uses.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jan 2013, 09:52 pm »
Hi ejfud,
Yes his finishes are stellar; both laminate and real wood veneer.
The finish in the picture is (level 3) Ebony real wood veneer and they are sitting on my desktop.

Carl V

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jan 2013, 09:55 pm »
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
Error 404
www.omegaloudspeakers.com
Sat Jan 5 21:55:02 2013
Apache/2

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 5 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm »
Hi Carl V,
Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention.  I did a change on the website today which killed that link, but it is fixed now.

Rob